Something a lot of you don't know...

So, I've had a guinea pig for about 3-4 years now. She's my baby girl, and I love her more than just about anything. For a while now, she hasn't really been eating, and while it was concerning, I figured she just needed time to adjust to the new food. She is now about half the size of her sisters/cousins. We found out last night the real reason she wasn't eating. Her teeth are too long, and she probably has a genetic mutation involving her teeth. We called a vet, and we're going to get her in for surgery as soon as we can, but it's looking like that won't be until next Thursday. It is Monday, June 29th as I write this. I've started making critical care for her, which is a mush full of nutrients that she needs to survive, but we're not sure if we're too late. If anyone has any tips to help my baby get through this, I would be eternally grateful.

Okay, so I'm writing this a little later, but I started feeding her the critical care, and she immediately perked back up. At the moment, she's frolicking through the grass happily after having hopped out of my lap 😊 I'm pretty optimistic at the moment.

Another update: I've fed her a few more times, and she's learned the procedure of eating from the eye dropper, so she doesn't fight me on it anymore and actually lines it up to get the food in her mouth if I hold the dropper out for her. Her ribs are already less noticeable when you pet her. Plus, over the course of the day she's gained over 10 grams. Twoface's surgery is now scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. We found a vet who could do it sooner. If I can, I'm gonna try to feed her a couple more times tomorrow before the procedure, but we're not sure if they'll need to put her under for it.