Concerning Trans Rights

So, as I'm sure a lot of people have probably heard by this point, trans people are essentially under attack right now. Personally, I usually try to stay out of politics, but I feel like this needs to be said.

For those of you who don't know, J. K. Rowling (who was one of my favorite authors and part of the reason I decided to start writing in the first place) has said some not-so-nice things about trans people lately. As a result, a large part of the internet (from what I can tell, at least) is jumping to defend trans people specifically, and it's beautiful.

Unfortunately, now us trans people face something MUCH worse. President Trump has just made it legal to deny someone healthcare, health insurance, and jobs because of their gender identity.

As a trans man myself, this is fucking terrifying. It means that if my already not great health got worse, or I got COVID-19 or even cancer which my family has history of on both sides, then I could very well be told, "No, we don't want your kind here," and potentially die. Luckily, I'm fine for now, and my bosses know I identify as male and seem fine with it, but I work at a movie theater, a lot of which are expected to shut down because of the quarantine. It was hard enough to find this job, and if I lost it, it would be hell trying to get a new one with this HHS rule.

And this new rule doesn't just affect me. There are tons of us out there that identity as trans and/or non binary. Like I said before, I usually try to stay out of politics in my everyday life, so personally, I didn't pay enough attention to really have a problem with Trump. This, however, is going way too fucking far. It's unconstitutional! They're taking away basic human rights from a group of people whose only goal is to exist and be happy. It's inexcusable and unacceptable. I'm completely disgusted that anyone would try to do this. Especially when we have learned from centuries of past mistakes that we need to treat people equally, which I honestly believe is the only way we can move together as a society.

We just want to be able to be who we are. Who we really are. Is that such a crime?

Sorry for my little rant, I just had to let this out. It's really been getting on my nerves having to see trans people getting abashed constantly and then hear my parents praise people for doing so, when they know that I'm trans. I'm probably gonna post this on all of my stories, just because I want people to know the kind of shit trans people have to go through. Thanks for anyone who reads this, although, for anyone who knows me or has read my bio, it was probably obvious from the title alone where I stood on the issue.

Anywho, I'm gonna try to get new chapters out on several of my books relatively soon, so be on the lookout for those.

See ya.