Prologue

Hi,this is the first part of Resolutions😇. Please do not copy my work, if you do I'll hunt you down😡. Just kidding😅 but please don't. Constructive criticism is allowed. Enjoy!

* * * * * * * * * * *

Papa came home that rainy night without a smile on his face. I was wondering what the problem could be. The papa I knew would hug mama and sometimes gets us gifts but today he seemed so distant. We ate dinner in silence, Adaku and I stealing glances at Papa's moody form chewing softly.

After supper, papa called us to the living room for a meeting. The only time we had this sort of meeting was when mama was diagnosed of fibroid and when papa decided to disown Edozie. My hands were sweaty as I was thinking of the possible things that could have happened. My heart was beating really fast and my eyes never leaving the blank TV screen.

"I had called this meeting to break an important news to everyone." Papa spoke making me tear my gaze from the TV. The tension in the air was so thick it could not be cut with a knife.

"As you all know, We lost a contract at my workplace few months ago for the third time serving as a threat to my post as the general manager." he paused. I could see the look on mama's face urging him to continue.

"This time I lost something bigger" he paused looking at everyone and yet no one for a brief second and then decided to rest his gaze on the black coffee table in the centre of our living room.

"I lost my job."

So...this is the prologue💃💃💃.
Chapter one will be released soon, please click that little star, comment and yes share. Stay safe y'all. Qhupid out🐾

Word Count: 268