26°

3rd PERSON POV

"Are you crazy? Why on earth would you shoot him? I clearly told you to shoot the girl and you're telling me crap" She yelled over the phone.

"Hey young lady, don't raise your voice at me" He barked and she flinched but he couldn't see that so she spoke up feigning confidence. "Are you being serious right now? You shot the wrong person and you're threatening me"

"I didn't threaten you, I just warned you. And by the way, I killed two birds with a stone. I accomplished my mission and I'm getting paid also for something I did not do"

"What do you mean by that? Didn't you hear a thing I said?"

"You're such a naive little girl. I shot the person I was asked to and what made you think I'll kill the girl just because she's dating the guy you like. Is it her fault the guy doesn't like you back? I can't waste my time over some silly high school drama. I'm way more than that Uzodinma"

"What are you saying in essence?" She asked rubbing her sweaty palm against her dress and her other hand tightly griping her phone while she took the call.

"What I'm trying to say is that, I was sent to kill the boy and I duped you, I took your money and that of the other person that sent me" He spoke up and chuckled.

"I don't care. I'm just going to let you know that you're not getting your full payment" She said rubbing her temple with her hand. "You wouldn't dare. I'm sure you don't want your dad to know that you hired one of his thugs now do you?"

She fidgeted. "My dad can get you behind bars you know, he's a politician"

His hysterical laughter filled her ears. "Your dad wouldn't do that. Now get off the phone and send my balance to me or else you'll face my wrath" He yelled at her and hung up.

She sighed. What have I done? Timi is in danger and it's all my fault. She slammed her fist against the steering of the car causing a loud honk to fill the air. She picked up her phone and texted Desmond.

I'm going home now. I'm not feeling too well. I'll talk to you later. Happy birthday.

And with that, she stepped on the accelerator.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

UZO'S POV

I sat on the stainless steel waiting bench at the hospital my eyes stained with dried tears and my head aching from crying for so long.

"Uzo, are you okay" I snapped my head in their direction and fresh tears made their way down my cheeks. I had put a call across to them and they left the party. I was also surprised when I saw Desmond walk in behind Mide.
"Say something" Agatha said holding my hands. "Are you okay?"

I nodded my head and managed to speak. "I'm fine, but Timi..." I trailed of and burst into tears quiet sobs leaving my lips as I replayed the whole incident in my head. "He's going to be fine. Stop crying Uzo,you're only going to hurt yourself" Damola said running her hand up and down my back to comfort me. Mide sat staring into space as tears rolled down her cheeks. Desmond did his best to console her.

"Did you see the person that shot him?" Damola asked and I shook my head. "Do you suspect anyone?" She asked again and I thought of it for a while and then shook my head.

"I know who is responsible for this " Agatha said out of the blues. Damola and I casted our gazes at her. "Dinny did this. She's the only one that doesn't want you two to be together"

I shook my head and sighed. "I know she doesn't like me but she won't do something this gruesome just to get back at me and moreover, she likes Timi and I'm not sure she'll want to hurt him". Damola nodded in approval and Agatha sighed and looked away tapping her foot impatiently against the tiled floor.