"i have too many feelings how do i process them."

"h-hey, hyeongjun." god minhee you're such a fucking pussy why are you like this -

"i didn't know you work here!" and that damned smile of hyeongjun's appears again, and god . minhee is whipped, so goddamn whipped for that smile, "you look really cute in your uniform, i love your ears!"

minhee puffs his chest out with pride at that. he considers the bear motif apron and ear headband the cringiest thing he's ever worn - but if hyeongjun thinks it's cute, then he can probably tolerate it.

he can hear woobin snickering behind him and going, "ooh, so this is why you're being so weird today."

hyung why is your voice so goddamn loud all the time -

"y-yeah, i do shifts three times a week. can't afford to look this good all the time, y'know?" minhee jokes, and it falls so flat that it isn't even remotely funny. hyeongjun stares at him blankly, and one of the smaller boys in hyeongjun's clique - the one with dark hair and big pouty lips - slaps his forehead and groans. minhee coughs and averts his eyes, and grabs a notepad and a pen, "s-sorry, may i take your order?"

hyeongjun rattles off his order a little awkwardly, and minhee pretends to write it all down despite the fact that he practically has an eidetic memory.

in all truthfulness, he's just way too chicken shit to look at hyeongjun properly in the eye. a coward you are, kang minhee . "alright, we'll bring your order to your table, thank you!" and as soon as hyeongjun leaves, minhee spins around and glares at woobin, "hyung, can you -"

"oopsy daisy, gotta go refill the napkins, you can handle this right, my adorable little dongsaeng?" woobin cuts him off, not even giving minhee a chance to reply before he books it out of there to - apparently - refill a half-full dispenser of napkins.

minhee's spitting in his coffee the next time he sees him.

admitting defeat, he quickly fills out the orders for 8 drinks and cakes and with shaky, trembling hands, carries the tray over to the noisy group. he notices hyeongjun perk up from his conversation with the facepalming boy and immediately look up when he spots minhee walking towards them. he looks like he's about to ask if minhee needs any help when one of his friends - a handsome, orange-haired teen with a sunny, charismatic smile that unironically blinds minhee - stands up and reaches out towards minhee instead.

"hey, you okay? here, let me take that off of you," charming-boy-whose-smile-was-easily-second-to-hyeongjun's offers genially, and minhee's ears burn when said boy casually wraps his warm, large hands around minhee's own - before carefully taking the tray of snacks away from him. minhee's so fucking embarrased that he doesn't even notice hyeongjun frowning at his friend, and instead focuses on allen and seungyoun, who are already roasting the shit out said sunny boy.

"you are so fucking shameless, serim, i swear to fuck," allen snorts.

"don't be so hard on him, allen-ah, he flirts with any pretty thing that walks," seungyoun adds, and the group roars at serim's splutter of denial and minhee's mortification at being called pretty .

him ? pretty ? when there was a whole ass song hyeongjun right in front of them???

minhee feels his introvertedness kick in out of nowhere, and he wants to run away, but he's too terrified to move, especially when the facepalming boy who - by method of elimination and deduction - assuming to be "dongpyo", eyes minhee up and down like he's a bug he wants to squash.

"aren't you kang minhee from 201 biology?" he asks, delicate eyebrow raised.

this boy is shorter than even hyeongjun , and yet minhee feels like he's being put under a criminal interrogation. except instead of it being a "good cop, bad cop" situation, it's just one "very bad cop" who happens to be barely 5'7" and is fucking intimidating .