"too many thoughts, head not empty."

"you look different."

minhee tilts his head in confusion.

"hyung, i look the same as always."

"baby, i've seen your mug for almost 20 years. i think i can tell when you look a little different."

"ok boomer."

"the fuck did you just call me -"

minhee was currently cosied up in seungwoo's cushy little living room, located in a one-person apartment slightly off-campus. said criminology professor was cooking dinner in the kitchen, the savoury smell of ginger stir-fried pork permeating sharply in the air. minhee's secondhand biology textbook sat on his lap, pen in one hand and highlighter in the other. his laptop was propped on top of the coffee table, his skype displaying a laggy, half decent video image of wooseok.

"anyway, how's school going?" wooseok asks non-committedly, the handsome man himself occupied with smooching the life out of little ddadda, their adopted puppy, "you don't look like you just passed out in a ditch somewhere, so something good must have happened."

something good? yeah, if you called meeting hyeongjun a good thing, then yes. minhee finds himself subconsciously grinning as he lazily writes the hangul of hyeongjun's name in the corner of his notes.

"something really good, then," wooseok teases, and minhee dreads the tone in his brother's voice. it's the "aww my little brother is finally growing up that's cute i'm going to bully him now" tone.

"i made a friend, that's all," minhee casually admits, corner of his mouth curling into a satisfied smile at the thought.

in all honesty though, were they even friends ? hyeongjun seemed so nice and lovely to him, but it also seemed like he was nice to everyone -

"oh~?"

minhee rolls his eyes at wooseok and hopes his hyung manages to catch it.

" no hyung, i'm not in love or anything," minhee retorts, ignoring how his heart skips a beat at the denial.

you are such a fucking shitty liar kang minhee you're a weak bitch for song hyeongjun just admit it and go, his heart sasses him.

"minhee-ah, you can tell hyung anything, you know that right? especially if you've got a crush on someone. is it a boy or a girl? hyung won't judge~"

"don't tease, seokie," seungwoo calls out, and minhee's eyes flutter shut at the succulent aroma of ginger and spice hitting his nostrils. his body rises off his side of the couch as seungwoo plops down next to him, setting down their plates of ginger pork, rice and kimchi onto the coffee table, "you're such a bully sometimes."

"that's because you never let me have any fun," the model whines, and minhee can practically hear his brother pout from across the screen.

"you have enough fun when you're with me," seungwoo replies succinctly, iconic snoopy smile on his face, and minhee doesn't even need to look up from his textbook to know that wooseok is already getting visibly flustered by his fiancé's innuendo.

you'd think that being together for two years would make his brothers (soon, anyway) be a little less gross, but apparently not. they somehow managed to be even more sappy and romantic as the years went by and the fact that seungwoo was away teaching was definitely not helping wooseok's attachment issues.

"back to the point, i overheard you saying that you made a friend?" seungwoo removes minhee's textbook from his lap and replaces it with his dinner. minhee digs in without a moment's hesitation and almost cries at how good it tastes. god bless his soon-to-be brother-in-law for knowing how to cook.