3: COME ON GET TO KNOW ME... I DARE YOU

KLAUS: My name is Klaus Mikaelson, the most powerful creature to ever walk the face of the Earth. To most, my name itself has the potential to bring fear to anyone who hears it. I've committed unspeakable crimes, killed innocents, and made many people's life a living hell. I'm known to destroy everything or anyone in my way of getting what I want... and believe me love, I always get what I want.

 My mother Esther was a powerful witch who believed the only way to keep me and my family safe from the fate of death brought upon our two siblings Freya and Henrik, would be to turn us into what she calls an "abomination of a species." She turned my siblings and I into vampires, making us the immortal and un-killable creatures we are. I was born out of wedlock, from an affair my mother had from a werewolf by the name of Ansel her one true love, thus creating me the bastard hybrid: half vampire and half werewolf. 

Being a hybrid made me the deadliest, most powerful creature in the world. After finding out about my mothers unfaithfulness and realizing I was not his real son, my stepfather Mikael set out to make my life a living hell. He made it abundantly clear that I was nothing more than a disgrace to him and my family.  All I wanted was to feel the same love and acceptance that was passed down to my older siblings. And yet to no prevail, no matter what I did, no matter how hard I tried, he would only see me as the bastard child; an impurity to our family. 

Turning into a hybrid only made the hatred Mikael had for me grow stronger and he made it his life's mission to hunt to me the ends of the Earth, only being satisfied once he killed using the a wooden stake, made from the white oak tree other mother used to create us in the first place. Fast forward to my mother dying from me killing her, but telling my siblings it was our father Mikael, we ran for our lives with the vow we promised to always keep: "always and forever." 

Through the centuries I've made my fair share of mistakes causing my character to be based  only  from all the terrible acts I've committed, and no one even stopping to question the method to my madness. My family is everything to me, and I have never been afraid to admit I'd do whatever it took to ensure their safety. No one ever saw the good in me, aside from my siblings but lets face it they had no choice. I never thought no one else would, well until I met Caroline Forbes. 

I never would have thought in a million years that Caroline would even consider my offer, let alone come to New Orleans alone in the first place. I decided to return home to reclaim the kingdom that was once mine. For centuries I have been haunted by the thought of my father Mikael and have therefore been on the run my entire immortal existence. But it is time to stop running and build a home for me and my family. New Orleans is the way in which I can get my life back and regain control of my city once again.

The music, the food, the people... makes New Orleans the best city in the world and where I plan to reunite my family once again. We live by the vow always and forever. Throughout our centuries of being the most powerful creatures on this earth, family has been both our greatest strength and also our biggest weakness. I have piled up many enemies in my time on this Earth and yet I fear my past may soon come to catch up to me. Despite any worry I know me and my family will handle any problem the way we always have-- together. 

Now with Caroline here, everything seems to be falling into place, but knowing her there's something that I have yet to be informed about. For selfish reasons I'm pleased she's decided to stay in New Orleans. Who knows, maybe she could become fond of this place, and even fond of me.