7: IT'S NOT A CRIME TO LOVE WHAT YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN

Klaus: Elijah's voice trembled with fear as we talked over the phone. I knew right away something was wrong I had no idea what. Me and Caroline raced back to the compound where we were surrounded by torn limbs, and cut off heads stacked upon each other in a circle. Within that circle laid my dear sister Rebecca, lifeless in Elijah's arms. The pendant no longer in her hand, and her heart laid out besides them. 

Klaus ran to this brother with tears welling from his eyes. His little sister, the girl who protected him all these years, now dead in his arms. 

"NOOOOO" Klaus cried out as he held his dead sister in his arms.Caroline came from behind him trying to comfort him as best she could. She had never seen this Klaus so vulnerable. In that moment she saw him not as the notorious monster, but as a loving brother who lost his dear sister. She felt his pain as he began to lay his head on her chest as he wept. She felt every tear hit her leg that had rolled down from his eyes. 

"How did this happen Elijah?" Klaus demanded. 

It was the pendant. While you were away it started to glow in Rebecca's hand. I told her to drop it but she resisted and from it came  a white glow. Marcel and his clan arrived and knocked me out. When I awoke I found her like this, lifeless with her heart ripped from her chest. 

"Well its fine she's an original. We all know that it won't kill her. She'll surely wake up soon."

"No brother," Elijah began, "Because she was in possession of the pendant, he must have gotten a witch to activate its powers. The pendant killed her. Ripping out her heart was the cherry on top for him."

"I'm going find that bastard and rip his heart out myself. Marcel and his little minions will not get away with this."

"Marcel did this? He was the one who kidnapped me and chained me up in that cave you found me in." 

"Why? What did he say to you down there?"

"Only that he wanted his city back and would stop at nothing until he reclaimed it."

"Like hell he will. If he wants the city, he's going to have to go through me to get it."

"Klaus wait you need to think carefully. That pendant can lead to your death. All he has to do is have another witch perform another spell and you're dead forever." Caroline demanded. 

"I appreciate the concern sweetheart but he killed my sister and I'll be damned if he thinks he can get away with it."

Klaus stormed out of the complex eager to find Marcel and avenge his sister. 

"Why can't you just lock the pendant away. Wouldn't it be smarter to not have the pendant near you?" 

"Regardless of where the pendant is, it can still be activated by our blood and a witch capable to do the spell. It's smarter to have it with us so that we can see when it glows." Elijah explained. 

"Look, I need to go after Niklaus to ensure that he doesn't end up dead next. Can you please wait here till we get back." 

"Yes of course."

"Thank you Caroline. Thank you for everything."

"What do you mean?"

"For centuries I've wanted nothing more than for Niklaus to even show a shred of humanity, or compassion to anyone other than us. You bring it out of him. You make him want to be good." 

Caroline held onto those words as Elijah left. "You make him want to be good." It brought her a sense of comfort in knocking he was trying to change for the better. Thats all she ever wanted for him, to be the good person she knew he could be. 

Carolines phone began to ring, Stefans name popping up on the screen. 

"Stefan what's wrong?"

"Its Damon. He was bit by a werewolf last night after a failed interrogation on figuring out what happened to Matt. Caroline, we need his blood."

"Well you might have to wait a little, Klaus is-- lets just say a little preoccupied at the moment."

"Caroline please, he will die if he doesn't drink his blood. Do it for me."

"Okay, I will see what I can do just hold on. 

Caroline hangs up the phone and rushes out to find Elijah and Klaus. She leaves the body of Rebecca , forgetting that the pendant was still next to it. 

Unaware of where Klaus and Elijah could have possibly went, she tried to recall the building that she was told was the Mikaelson's house. She started there in hopes of finding Klaus and Elijah before it was too late. 

She bust into he compound to see Marcel pinned up against the wall, with Klaus on the verge of ending his life for good. Just as Klaus was about to rip out Marcel's heart, another beacon of light appeared from inside the compound, and out came a witch. The witch better known as my best friend, Bonnie Bennett.

"Bonnie. What the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm not physically here. I used a spell so I could transport to where you were and contact you since you weren't answering my calls. Caroline we need Klaus to heal Damon. He's getting worse by the minute."

"Yes I know I'm working on that as we speak."

"Whats the meaning of all this? Can't you see I was in the middle of killing the bastard that took my sisters life," Klaus shouted as he seen the figure of Bonnie appear.

"What?!" Marcel shouted. I didn't take your sisters life. I hate your family more than anything in the world, but the love I have for Rebecca surpasses that...you of all people should know. 

Klaus looked at Marcel, in shock of what he just heard. 

"Elijah saw you himself. He said this was your fault." 

"Klaus look I know I have given you no reason to believe me, but I did not kill Rebecca. I loved her." 

"So if it wasn't you, then who the hell was it?"

"It was me."

The voice could be heard throughout the room, but there was no face to attach it with.

"Whoever you are show yourself now," Klaus cried out. 

Then from the corner of the room, out from the darkness came a woman. 

Elijah and Klaus shook their heads in disbelief as their eyes became fixated on the woman who arose. 

"Klaus who the hell is that?" Caroline asked. 

"The woman who created us in the first place. My mother." 

"Hello my boys. Mother has come to take you home."