8: DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT LOW OF ME

Caroline: I watched as the same look of fear that appeared when he found his sister Rebecca dead, reappear as his mother stood right before him. I myself was unable to grasp hold on the everything that was happening. I stood there waiting to see what would happen. 

Klaus: Mother what are you doing here? You're supposed to be dead. 

"Aw my dear boy, magic has a funny way of making life more interesting don't you think? Besides I've come here to undo the injustice act I committed long ago. I've come to right my wrongs and seek the redemption I've always longed for."

"How does killing us right your wrongs mother?" Elijah asked. "You are the reason we became these creatures and now you want to rid the Earth of us.

"My dear, this is my mistake and by killing you and your siblings, balance will be restored and our family will all be reunited again."

"What do you mean reunited again mother?"

"Well I already have Kol, Finn, and Rebecca. Now I only need the two of you and we can finally live in peace amongst one another. "

"Peace? There will never be peace with you. I will never leave with you."

"Aw my poor boy. The fact that you think you have a choice warms my heart. You and Elijah are dying today and there's nothing you can do or say that can save you. Now, which one of you would like to go first?"

Klaus and Elijah ran to attack their mother but were quickly struck down by the magic that shot from her body. They laid there still, unable to physically move. I ran over to Klaus and tried to carry him, but I was unable to get him to his feet. 

"Poor sweet girl, this is a family matter. Its best you stay out of it."

"Listen here, this family reunion you had planned is canceled. Me and Klaus have been searching  for the person who killed my friend Matt so this little stunt you pulled can wait."

"Ah yes Matt. The beautiful blonde boy with the dashing blue eyes. What a shame he had to become collateral damage." 

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"You see. The only way I could get Niklaus to come back to New Orleans would be if a special someone needed him. I killed your friend knowing that you'd seek help from Klaus, and he'd be here to save you. After all love is blind, and it looks like he walked right into his death." 

"So you killed Matt so that I would come here? All so you could relieve your conscious of the horrific thing you did to your children"

"Oh darling don't put it like that. While it is sad you friend had to die, you'll have peace knowing that these two will die today as well. Think about all the innocent lives they've taken merely because they could. They are an abomination to this earth and it's time for me to rid their existence." Esther said.

"No the only abomination here is you. Yes they may have done some horrific things, but all of us here have. Who are you who decides who gets to live and die. I won't allow it. 

Caroline wrapped Klaus around her shoulder and vanished off, leaving Elijah alone with his mother. 

"Well my dear boy, it seems you are coming with me first. We'll deal with your brother later."