9: IT'S OKAY. IT'S ME. YOU'RE SAFE

Klaus: My mother had resurrected from the dead, fufilling her promise that she would rid the world of me and my siblings once and for all. By now Elijah was dead and with the pendant in her possession, I had no choice but to accept my fate. 

Caroline laid Klaus down on the floor of Rosseaus' compelling everyone to leave in order for the two to stay hidden. 

"Listen I know your mother is trying to erase your entire existence for planet Earth but I need a favor. Damon was attacked by one of your hybrids and needs your blood in order to heal. 

"Well love at this point you can have it all. I'll be dead by nightfall anyways."

"You're not seriously letting your lunatic of a mother erase you from existence, just so she can selfishly have her children who she killed by the way, back with her in whatever afterlife she's in."

"Caroline, I have been the Niklaus Mikaelson for centuries. And while it has been a hell of a ride, my time on this Earth has come to an end. I'm doing this for me, not for my mother."

"What do you mean? What do you think dying would do for you?"

"You know I haven't always been the best person. I'm selfish, egotistical, and hurt anyone I come in contact with. There was rarely any good in me. I've been cursed since the moment I was born. But Caroline through you I was able to see myself as good again. You let me know that while there were evil parts embedded in me, there were still good ones too."

"I-- I don't know what to say Klaus," Caroline said stumbling over her words. 

"You don't have to say anything else. You've given me more than enough memories that I'll continue to cherish until my last breath. Thank you Caroline." 

Looking up at the ceiling, Caroline felt her heart start to ache. She didn't want Klaus to die. She wanted him to live. She wanted to tell him how she felt, but she knew that like herself, when his mind had been made up, there was no way of changing it. 

"Klaus. If these are your final moments on Earth, can you do something for me?"

"Anything. What would you like?"

"I want you to take me on a tour of your beautiful city."

Klaus mustered up a smile and nodded in agreement. 

"A city so beautiful deserves to be explored by an even more beautiful girl. Where would you want to go first?" he asked.

"I don't care. Anywhere."

The two walked out of Rosseaus' to the crowded streets filled with people. The sun had just settled and the night life of New Orleans' had awoken. Live music blared throughout every street corner, dancers and magical acts attracting large crowds in every crevice. Klaus watched as Carolines face lit up in amazement. Astounded by everything that surrounded her, and consumed in the New Orleans culture. The music began to shift from the lively upbeat tune, to a beautiful slow melody. Klaus raised out his hand to Caroline. 

"Would you care to dance?" he asked with that smirky grin on his face. 

"I'd love nothing more." She said as she placed her hand in his and felt herself being pushed closer to him. 

In that moment the world was still. No care in the world, only a sweet moment shared between two souls longing for one another. Their bodies pressed together, moving swiftly to the slow beat they danced to. His hands just above her waist, softly rubbing her back. Their eyes meeting again, causing them to become lost in each others gaze. This moment was perfect. Both Caroline and Klaus knew it. 

"Can I tell you something?" Caroline asked.

"Anything."

" I- I think I.."

All of a sudden Klaus let out an extreme yell of pain. His chest started to shine causing everyone around them to stare. 

"Ah that's mothers way of calling me. How lovely."

"No it can't be. It's too early. You can't die." 

"It'll be okay. You don't worry about me. Let's get out of here." 

The two ventured back to the compound to find Klaus' mother awaiting their arrival. Laying on the floor next to Rebecca, was now his dead brother Elijah, who like his sister Rebecca, shared the same fate. Klaus starred in disbelief as his two siblings laid lifeless in front of him. 

"Are you ready to be reunited with us my son?"

"You may have created us...but you will never be my mother," Klaus snapped. "I will not fight to go with you, but there's something I must do first. 

"Very well my dear boy. I will give you a few moments to say goodbye. You better make it a good one, because it will be the last time you will ever see this place again."

The mother vanished, leaving Caroline and Klaus alone to say their final goodbyes.