11

The next morning, all the selected are gathered in the woman's room conducting different activities; there's a group of girls gathered around a TV watching some sort of fashion show, another group around a table filled with different sewing materi...

The next morning, all the selected are gathered in the woman's room conducting different activities; there's a group of girls gathered around a TV watching some sort of fashion show, another group around a table filled with different sewing materials and lastly a few girls next to the window giggling at something outside. I follow Alice to an unoccupied table and listen to her talk.

"I really hope I'm the prince's first date, but I wouldn't know what to wear. Do you think he likes my hair down or up?" Alice ponders twirling a golden ringlet around her finger.

"I wouldn't know" I answer honestly, maybe I'll ask him. "I like it down" I smile trying to add something to the conversation.

"But what if we go horse-riding, then it'll get in my eyes" Alice argues. I mean I guess she has a point.

"How about you decide once then prince asks you" I mumble, accepting a cup of tea from one of the maids. I reach over and put two spoons of sugar in the cup before adding a large splash of milk.

"Allia, you must stop putting so much sugar in your tea it's really not good for you" Alice comments as she watches me take my first sip. The sweet liquid coats my tongue as the warmth immediately floods through my body. I put down the cup and play with the hem of my dress absentmindedly. "I'm only trying to look out for you" alice smiles taking my hands in hers.

"I know" I smile up at her.

"Do you like it here so far?" Alice asks.

"Actually yes" I smiles looking around the room.

"I guess it's been nice for you to get away from your mother" she adds, looking at me over her own tea cup.

"Yeah" I sigh. This is the longest I've gone without hearing my mothers' nagging voice. "I worry about Ellie though".

"My mum said she would check up on her for you" Alice tries to comfort me.

"Thank you, that makes me feel better", and it does. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me.

"Hey Alice come over here", a brunet calls from the group situated around the window. I follow Alice over to the group. "Hi I'm Rebecca, you must be Allia" the girl smiles at me. I'm momentarily shocked by her beauty, her grey eyes are like nothing I've ever seen before and her tanned skin looks so smooth. Rebecca's day dress is perfectly fitted, hugging her waste and flaring out to her mid thigh. The deep blue compliments her complexion perfectly and her jewellery tie in the whole look.

"Hi" I smile over at the girl.

"Quick Rebecca you're missing it" one of the girls call. Rebecca grabs our arms and pulls us to the window. From the gap between two girls, I see the front of the place packed with shirtless men.

"It's the palace guard, must be their training time" Rebecca comments.

"Aren't they so hot!" one girl squeals.