16

After I had worn the tiara last night at dinner, my maids had mad it a mission of theirs to get me used to wearing the wretched thing. I had tried to convince them otherwise, but at this point I have been unsuccessful. 

"You either wear this dress or a tiara" Hannah, one of my maids argues. 

"But the tiaras give me a headache" I wine. 

"So I guess you're wearing the dress" She smiles laying the dress on the bed. 

"Ugh" I roll my eyes, but stand up undoing my dressing gown. "I guess you win". 

"I thought I might" she laughs. 

After begrudgingly putting on the dress, I make my wy to the woman room. Entering the room I feel all eyes on me. felling uncomfortable I quickly make my way over to to Alice, at least I know she won't b giving me odd looks. What's the big del anyways? It's just a dress.  

"What are you wearing?" she whispers angrily at me. 

"A dress?" I answer, pulling ta the hem of the dress. 

"You need to go get changed"  Alice demands

"You need to go get changed"  Alice demands. I look up and am surprised by the hatred in my best friends eyes. "Now".

" I-I can't" I stutter. 

"Why the hell not?" she almost shouts. 

"Believe me when I say the outfit wasn't my choice" I mumble. 

"I really don't care. You Can't let the prince see you like this" she huffs, looking around as if expecting the prince to magically appear out of  nowhere.

"Why not?" I ask, getting rather irritated. Why can't the prince see me dressed like this? It's not like I'm the one walking around like a lost puppy ogling the Adam.

"Because you look desperate" she sneers. Ive never seen Alice act like this, so hate full. And did she just call me desperate? Alice should be the first person to know the only thing I'm desperate for is to go home. 

"no-one will see me. I plan on staying in this room all day" I try to reason with her. Alice rolls her eyes and makes her way across the room to a group of girls, leaving me on my own. Well I guess I'll just spend my day alone, again. 

I spent most of my time staring out the window, watching the servants scurry across the lawn and the gardeners water the flowers. In all honestly it took most of my energy to ignore the snide comments from the girls. 

"I guess someone's realised they need to do something to get the prince's attention"

"I mean I'm not worried, look at her she looks awful!" 

"She'll be sent home next".

The comments themselves didn't hurt as much as the fact that Alice stood silently among the group. 

"Would you like a cup of tea miss?" one if the maids offer.

"Yes please" I smile weakly up at the girl. Watching the maid place a cup infant of me, I let out a few calming breaths trying to compose myself. 

"Ignore them" the maid smiles at me. "They're just jealous, if it helps I love your dress. It's sure to get the princes attention and your hair is so cute!" she giggles. 

"Thanks" I smile gaining some confidence. "My maids actually picked it, it was between wearing this dress or a tiara and I don't want to have a headache all day" I explain. 

"Well I think your maids are very fashionable. I better get back to the given tea out to the other girls, but keep your head up". With that she turned and walked away. 

"Wait what's your name?".

"Lois". 

As promised, I spent the rest of the day sat in the woman room reading through the collection of books. If I keep up like this I'll run out of books by the end of the week! I watched as the rest of the girls played board games and left to wander the halls, most probably trying to seek out the prince. As the sun starts to set, I ventured out and made my way to my room. At least now I can get out of this dress, or so I though. Two steps away from the safety of my room, I hear my name being called by the one and only Adam.

"Alia". 

taking a deep breath I slowly turn around, here goes nothing. "Hi Adam", I avoid eye contact not wanting to see the look of disgust that sure to cover his face. Instead I find great interest in the carpet. Silence follows and all I can hear is my erratic heartbeat. 10...20...30 seconds and not a sound. Not being able to take the tension anymore I look at him through my lashes, pushing a loose hair back. "Adam?". 

"U-uh yeah, umm I was trying to find you" he stutters with a slight blush. Blush? why is he blushing? 

"I was in the woman room" I somewhat explain. 

"You look amazing" Adam compliments. 

"Thanks, it was either wear this dress or a tiara so I didn't really have a choice" I joke, now finding this situation quite humorous. We stand in silence for some time before Adam speaks up. 

"I was going to ask you out for dinner" Adam smiles, but I can see his eyes lingering lower. 

"If desserts included then it's a yes" I bargain, earning a smile form the one and only prince. 

"We can make arrangements".