A lost battle

It was an awfully warm spring day, the skies were overcast and it felt like it would start raining any time.
Steve's sky-blue fluffy hair waved in the gentle warm wind as it started to gently rain a bit. He looked up at the sky, but got interrupted by the sound of someone knocking on his apartment's door.
He turned away from the fully opened window, and went to see who was knocking. He opened the door. Standing behind the door was a girl with shiny bright red hair tied into a long ponytail.
The right half of her face, mostly around her eye was covered in blood as she constantly covered it with her hand, like she was trying to stop something from bleeding. Her dark green uniform was pretty dirty, teared a bit on her right shoulder, which showed a bruise.
Steve was terrified.
He grabbed her by her arms as he was trying to hold her from collapsing as he dragged her a bit inside his apartment.
"Neru-chan!! What happened?!" He blurted out quickly in his soft deep voice.
"Arrghh... they.. they got me... a-again.. They've beaten me.. and.. i think i'll have a scar on my eye.. grrr." She replied angrily, still in pain. Steve was really worried for her. "C-come on, wash y-your face from the blood and dust now p-please.." He said as he took her to the bathroom, letting her clean her face, as he took off her coat.
She wore a black tank top under it, revealing her bruised arms. She was still shaking a bit. Steve took some bandages and covered the ugly scar that was on her face across her right eye. It made him shiver a bit by just looking at her.
He hated to see his best friend in a such a terrible state like this. He still was glad she made it out alive, though.
"What happened?" Asked Steve. She sat down and sighed. "I lost. Again... the robot attacked me again, this time i couldn't run away.." she frowned. "I-I'm so glad you made it out alive, Neru-chan." Steve hugged Ne. "I'm still scared for you though. What if it'll happen again?!" He started crying.
Ne gently patted him on the head. "Don't worry about me so much, it's all going to be alright soon."
"I-Is that so?" "Ye-yes.. I-i forgot to tell you something.." "Wha- What is it, Ne?"
"I'm leaving to train in a small army, far away from here."

She frowned and looked away from Steve. Steve was shocked, and also really sad. He didn't want to leave his closest friend, Ne, at any costs.
He was always turning to her when he was sad. He told her his secrets. They became good friends, and she was leaving?!
He felt so devastated.
He started crying, holding her tighter and closer to him. As he kept sobbing he blurted out "I don't want you to leaaaave-!! You mean a lot to m-me.. Neru-chan!! I don't want to be so alone again!"
Ne sighed.
"It's good for both of us. I shall train myself to protect myself, and, others, like you when i come back....

.....Someday."