The Break

Steve felt so terrible, but he had to accept it.
He broke into tears again.
Ne gave him a head pat as she frowned, knowing that it is going to be difficult for them.
Very difficult.

"So you're leaving... forever?"
He asked her, his soft deep voice all shaking.
"I'm going to... move there.. for a long while..." replied Ne. "But you can visit me.. and call me.. whenever you'd like.." Ne sighed quietly. Steve looked into her eyes. "O-oh... o-okay..." Ne looked back at him.
"I'm going to leave in two days." She said as she stood up.
"Thanks for caring about me and treating me like that." "Oh it's nothing. I would do anything to help you out." Said Steve. He was still glad Ne made it out alive, and also worried about her.
"Bye for now." "Bye.. Neru-chan...." replied steve in a sad tone as Ne left and closed the door of his apartment.

Steve sat down, completely devastated by what did Ne just told him. That.. he is going to be alone.. again.
She is his closest and only friend.. a friend he always turned to.. a friend that helped him out.. a friend that trusted him...
He stared at the blank white walls of his apartment, thinking deeply about everything. He couldn't help but to start crying again.
"What if she'll find new friends and forget about me?..."
Minutes and hours passed by as Steve's depression began to worsen. He didn't do anything but think about her. And how sad will it be without her, all alone.
It was getting dark.
Steve changed himself, brushed his teeth and went to sleep. But something wasn't right. He couldn't sleep at all. He still felt very sad.
As the next day came, Ne came to visit Steve and say goodbye to him before she flies to RW, a smaller archipelago island with a very small army.
Steve heard some knocks on his doors. He opened, and behind them was standing Ne.
"Hey Steve.." She looked at him. "H-hello.." he said in a whispery tone. "Steve.. did you sleep last night? You look very tired to me.." "I-Is that so..? Don't worry i slept alright.." he lied to her, looking away. "I know it's going to be hard, Steve..."
She hugged him. "Goodbye.. Ne.. ! see you again some day..." he looked back at her. "Goodbye. And take care of yourelf while i won't be here." "Mhm.. okay.." He responded. "Oh-! I have to go now.."
She gave him a one last hug, and waved at him. "Goodbye."

"G-goodbye..." says Steve in a very whispery tone, his voice shaking as he again burst into tears. Now all alone, all by himeslf.