PROLOGUE

'THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, PLACES, AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCT OF THE AUTHOR'S IMAGINATION OR, IF REAL, ARE USED FICTIOUSLY.'

Marissa calmly knocks on the door while hoping that everything will go well despite the cold weather. The door was opened by Tiyo Jose's wife, Esmeralda. She welcome Marissa with a warm smile.

"Marissa, what a wonderful surprise. what makes you come by?" she is full of joy without knowing something bad just happened.

"I came here to give you this," Marissa said as she handed the envelope that Tiyo Jose requested to give to her wife.

"Tiyo Jose said the time has come." she burst into tears as Esmeralda accepts the letter in shock

"I'm sorry," Marissa said as she burst into tears.

"Where is he?" Esmeralda asked her while her hand shaken. Tiyo Jose's son, Thomas emerges behind Esmeralda's side. He got his father's features looking handsomely, who was soon to be carrying the family line.

Esmeralda opened the envelope. There are two separate letters with their names. Esmeralda handed the letter to Thomas with his name and he went to his bedroom and thoroughly read it.

Dear Thomas,

                My son, things haven't gone well this past few days so I wrote a letter in remembrance of my existence. I have a great favor to ask for you and this will be confidential and shall be kept in the family line. I know this might be a huge responsibility for you but you're the only one I can trust enough to continue this. I'm wishing for you to hold the library under family line only and take into restriction the basement. If you went into the basement, you'll see journals and my started prototype for building the time machine. Yes, a time machine. I know I might sound crazy but the time machine went well in the end and I met the geniuses that follow the family tradition. I'm not asking for too much from you but it would be great if you continue it and hand it to your first child when he/ she turns eighteen. Every  holder shall make a copy and hold the original journal into conservation. The responsibility of the elder will only be moved to the second child if the first child is dead and so on. No holder shall refuse the responsibility.

                    I'm also wishing for you to name your first child with the first letter of his/ her name with 'T ' while the second child with 'L' for the sake of predicting the future inventors. Every spouse of the holder should be informed about the family tradition. He/ She shall be trusted enough to take any circumstances. Traveling in the future seems quite overwhelming but it's limited. The use of the portal shall only be used under family purposes or missions and shall be avoided for personal use. Sadly, in order to avoid numerous complications, the use of the portal is limited to immediate family only and cousins of the holder's child and outsiders shall not be informed.

                   I'm hoping for the best from this family. It may be challenging but the future is ahead of us and this will be a great use for the future generation. I love you, my son.

Love, Father