CHAPTER 2

"Omayghad!" Tate was awakened by his mother's shouting downstairs in surprise. He then hears his father and brother's murmurs. He doesn't mind the murmurs but he takes a bath first and fixes himself. He went downstairs seeing happy faces of his family in the dining room while eating lunch.

"You did great, son. Congratulations" their father said.

"Yes, darling. I'm sure you'll do great in the UST" their mother said.

"Thank you mom and dad," his brother said. Tate hears their conversation but he continues walking out of their subdivision house. He knows they noticed him walking by because the stairs is just close by the front door.

"Ah Tate aren't you going to congratulate your brother? He just passed the USTET" her mother called on him. Tate gives them an intense look. Memories flashback to Tate's mind in which his brother always outweighs his capabilities. His brother became a two straight year student council president and an ultimate champion in Judo. He could remember being his brother's punching bag when he tried to join but ended up quitting.

He looked at his father's look who did nothing but to educate Tate from his mistakes and congratulate his brother from his victories. Her mother smiles at him who become the unspoken one who don't defy his husband's decisions

"Congratulations! And I'm not hungry. Thank you" Tate smiled and slammed the door behind him. He is still unsure of where he will go but he rides his motorcycle and goes to his paradise.

Tonya woke up with bright sun burning her skin through the windows. She realized it was around 11:30 in the morning. She is in no  hurry but the thought that she's stuck in here bothers her. After taking a bath, she quickly ran out of the hotel and went to the Library hoping that she could still stick with her mission. Tonya entered the library seeing few people inside. She saw the librarian, the same guy she met yesterday. As she approaches him, he wears a formal attire and a name tag named 'LUIS'.

"Uhm ...excuse me , Luis"  Tonya said hoping that he won't remember her. He look up without the face of surprise as if they don't saw each other yesterday

"Yes, what can I do for you?" he said in a calm voice.

"Can I talk with the owner of the library, Mr. Terrence". She asked.

"Mr. Terrence is not around, Ma'am" 

"How about, I'm requesting an appointment with him"

"What is your relationship with Mr. Terrence, Ma'am?"

"I'm his friend"

"We cannot set an appointment with personal purposes, Ma'am"

"Why?!" Tonya accidentally said almost in a high voice which let the other people in the library turn their heads."I'm sorry" she added 

"If you're a friend of Mr. Terrence, you can call him personally" Luis said while closing his book and giving her a warm smile which bothers Tonya.

She walked away from the counter and went to the yellow pages behind the counter. She searched for Terrence which gave her a few results. She calls all the contact numbers from yellow pages but all of them rejected her requested appointments. 

She then went outside the library and took a seat on the bench. She put her hand on her head and burst into tears. She feels a person sits beside her.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to give you a handkerchief," he said while sitting beside her. He wears a black jeans and a white shirt while smoking cigarettes. He looks newly showered with his wet hair. He wears black sunglasses. Despite his good style, Tonya feels annoyed by what happened last night. She gives Tate a disgusted look and stands up and walks away but Tate catches her wrist again.