CHAPTER 5 - ENDING

Luis continued to print posters that contained pictures of his brother and a huge text above with entitled "MISSING". His room is neatly organized but the rain outside makes his mood depressing. Aunt Em slowly entered Luis' room with a red face and a nauseous expression. She hasn't changed the black dress she wore earlier for the funeral. Luis noticed her coming and said "Mom, you should get some rest."

"I just can't, Luis. Everything seems to be out of place. Your father just died and your brother is missing." Aunt Em said while bursting into tears. Luis kneel in front of her and said

"Mom, everything will be fine. Don't worry. Besides, The Library will be renovated right? And it's under your name" he smiles at her and she tries to whip her tears while looking at her lap. She looked back at Luis and said,

"I think there's a way, Luis," Luis gave her a curious look and said,

"What do you mean?"

"A way of bringing them back"

"How?"

"You're supposed to know about this until you're 18 but our family seems to have a tradition. . ."

"The Time Machine"

"Yes, how did you know about it?"

"I've accidentally went to the Library's underground basement and read some of journals"

"I reckon you also knew that the eldest should be the one who will handle it" Aunt Em said and Luis looked away. "And shall create a copy of the journal once he receive the title" Luis look at her with amusement and said

"Did papa make a copy of the journal?"

"Yes, and he kept it in our basement" Aunt Em said and Luis started to continue his destiny.

2015

"Luis" a familiar voice said behind Luis while he stared at the Time portal. He didn't notice it's already morning because of his exhaustion of working so hard to bring Tonya back. He turns around as the voice he's been craving to hear for 40 years. Stood in front of him is Tonya still wearing the same black shirt and high waisted pants. She never aged and still looks beautifully young in front of him.

She smiled and gave Luis a hug. Even though Luis has aged, she still notices the same intelligent man she met before. They burst into tears of happiness as both of them achieved what they really wanted.

"You made it!" Tonya said with a joyful expression. Luis smirked at the thought and said "Well, I wouldn't be able to make it without the help of the young fella" he gestured to his son sleeping on the modern black sofa. Tonya looked at his son and noticed that the room changed differently. The walls are now painted purely white which are brown before and the wooden shelves are changed with neatly modern bookcases. There are plants in each corner of the wall making the room huge and minimalist.

"Where's Tate?" Tonya asked, which melted Luis's smile. He did not respond but he went on a bookshelf nearby him and picked a cassette tape.

"I think you should hear about this'' Luis said while waving the cassette tape in his hand. Tonya didn't have any idea about the cassette tape but she waited until Luis played it in a Pioneer cassette deck. The cassette tape starts to play with Tony's croaky voice. Tonya could still hear that Tate is recording this while smoking a cigarette.

"Hey, this is Tate... If you're listening to this, I assume that I'm already dead Hahaha. I recorded this so that I can tell you what really happened to me after I ran away. So I stayed with the band for a couple of months to prove that my dad is wrong. Sadly, the band failed to stick together after we released our first album which did no good for us. We parted ways as all of them continued their college and I was left singing in the streets. I got involved in drugs also after a guy introduced it to me and I can't believe that I can still record this though I'm in drugs hahaha. I tried to go back to my family but I have nothing but my pride burning me to ashes. I just lost the love of my life. . . .Mom, thank you for being so considerate. Tate, you're the best and I wish I could be a better brother for you. Tonya. . . I love you and you're the only woman I've ever loved. And Dad, you're right and sorry for disappointing you. I love you all."

There's a long pause and a shot of a gun from the record surprises them. Tonya kneels to the floor with a burst of her tears coming down like a river. She continued to cry while shouting Tate's name. Luis put his hand on Tonya's shoulder as he could feel the tears coming down his cheek.

"I could've just comforted him that time but I did nothing," Tonya said. Luis did not reply from every word she said but he just listened. After a while of her sorrows, Tonya stops and calms herself. She stood and hugged Luis. She pulls away from him and they could feel a light behind them. They turn around seeing Luis' son looking at the portal with a surprised look.

"Dad, it worked." Luis' son said while watching the man from the other side of the portal rooming around with panic in his eyes. Tonya walks closer and recognizes his father, Tony.

"Dad!" Tonya shouted and she ran through him and hugged her.

"Oh Tonya" Tony said "are you all right?" He asked while still remembering the last time they saw each other.

"Yes father" Tonya said and he looked back at Luis "I'm alright"

"I'm sorry that we can't save him," Luis said to her behind the portal.

"I understand," Tonya said and smiled back at him.

"Farewell, Tonya" Luis said

"Farewell, Luis" she said as the portal closed in front of them.

STAY TUNE FOR THE BOOK 3!