~4. Impa, Lady of Kakariko Village~

Kakariko Village

Kakariko Village. Linkle stared aroundat the peaceful village, filled with many different aged people andchildren living a happy life. The children laughed and played whilethe adults either gathered up produce from their gardens and cooked,hung up laundry, or either walked around to enjoy the day.

Linkle rode her horse through thevillage to see where this Impa may be at. Surely, if this woman wasvery important and fully respected by the Sheikah tribe, she wouldreside in a home that fit her title. A few glances were cast her wayas if she seemed familiar.

Linkle saw a huge household or maybe atemple that was guarded and assumed that Impa must be in there. Shebrought her horse to the fence to tie them up and made her waytowards the guards. The guards looked up and down at Linkle and herdistressed clothing.

"You there! Who are you?! How dareyou trespass upon Lady Impa's abode!"

"Well I-!"Linkle stuttered toexplain herself.

''Hm? Is that...?" the guard droppedhis posture and stared down at Linkle's hip to the device.

"A Sheikah Slate?" the other guardfinished, just as surprised.

"But that would mean you are... No,it's not possible. Can it?"

"Please forgive us for behaving sorudely." the calm guard answered, "Of course we have heard thelegends from Lady Impa herself. Please, miss... Go ahead and stepinside"

The guards moved aside while Linklecalmed down but was still confused about this whole thing. But shewould get more answers once she met Impa.

As Linkle made her way up the stairs,she noticed a young woman crouched on the ground reading. She noticedLinkle, making Linkle jump for staring at the woman.

"Oh! It's... a Sheikah Slate! Youcouldn't be the hero my grandmother told me about, the hero was aman! What was his name? Li.. Lin.. Umm... Oh, it's not that I forgot.I'm just bad with speaking. As for me, my name is Pa... Paaa...Paaay... Paya! Anyway, my... my grandmother is waiting for you at herabode. Please hurry to her!"

Linkle gave one last glance beforeopening up the doors. Everything was silent, lit candles were set, itlooked like a traditional shrine. An old woman sat before Linkle.

"So, you're finally awake. It hasbeen quite a long time, Linkle... I'm actually surprised that youhave woken up and made your way here before the actual hero. I ammuch older now, but... you remember me, don't you?"