7 » gratuity not included

Finn glanced away hastily as Mr. Sayed swept him a cursory glance, his golden eyes almost an exact mirror of his daughter's. The tall man cut an imposing figure, a perfectly pressed charcoal gray suit enhancing his broad shoulders and fit physique.

The man directly behind Mr. Sayed looked about the same age, though his hair was peppered with more gray. Both men carried themselves with the same air of self-importance, as people who were used to commanding attention. The other two guests trailed behind them—Eden, and another tall young man who couldn't have been more than a year or two older than Finn.

Eden studiously avoided his gaze as she strode past, red-soled heels clicking on the wooden floor. It wasn't an unusual sight; everyone who came to Giovanni's was always dressed to the nines. Finn had seen people in outfits that cost more money than he'd ever had or ever would have in his life, but none of them compared to the dark-haired vision in front of him. The ivory silk of her dress clung to her like a second skin, her glossy hair a shifting curtain over the thin straps that crisscrossed her exposed back.

He'd already seen her without clothes on, but the sight of her in this dress made his mouth run dry. He surreptitiously snagged a champagne flute from one of the other passing waiters and downed it in one quick gulp. Thankfully his parents were still busy in the kitchen, or that would've landed him in some serious hot water.

Someone grabbed his arm, and he turned to see his sister glaring at him. "What the fuck? We're working, Finn!"

"Sorry," he mumbled. "I just—"

"Whatever. I won't tell Mom and Dad as long as you handle the Sayeds. No way in hell am I serving them." She turned and left before he could reply.

He gritted his teeth. Fine, then. Plastering a smile on his face, he braced himself and swept graciously into the private alcove where Qadir Sayed and his guests were seated. "Good afternoon, sirs, ma'am," he addressed, in his politest voice. "Could I interest you in anything to drink?"

Qadir Sayed hardly bothered to look up, still glancing over the menu with pursed lips and a haughty expression that was reminiscent of his daughter's. "Just water." His voice was deep and commanding, tinged with the barest hint of an accent.

Finn nodded, taking the chance to look at the last occupant of the table. He'd been too distracted by Eden earlier to pay attention to the boy that had come in with them. He shared the same dark hair and tan skin as the other three, but his features were much more angular. If he had to hazard a guess, Finn would say he and the other man were related.

He ducked out of the alcove and went to fetch glasses of water from the kitchen. Their relation wasn't any of his business. He was just here to help his parents out, and hopefully to avoid incurring the wrath of the immensely influential elder Sayed.

The more Finn learned about Eden, the more he'd kicked himself for not realizing who she was when they'd met. A simple Google search had revealed that her father was the CEO of Sayed Atlantic, one of the biggest business conglomerates in the world. SA had a hand in everything from the oil industry to Silicon Valley's newest tech. Qadir Sayed's influence was unparalleled, which was why this evening had to go off without a hitch.

If Finn slipped up and brought the business that his parents had fought to build from the ground up crashing down, he'd never forgive himself. So, he put on his brightest grin and returned promptly with four glasses of water, setting them carefully down in front of the guests.

"Are there any questions or concerns regarding the menu?" he asked politely. "Our specialty is currently focused on Egyptian cuisine, but we do have a classic seven-course meal that is served year-round."