Day 3

A Memory

Day 3 and a memory..

Memories.. I strongly believe memories as of powerful whiffs into the past which has both the ability to make us as well as break us..

And I thought why not share one which serves as a beacon of light in my tunnel of darkness

My school life is the most beautiful part of my whole life speacially the higher secondary days.. with my mom being a tchr too I spent most of my time at school than at home..

I was in 10th and it was a couple of days before our ramadan vacation and with the syllabus already completed and stuffs, except for the daily prefect duties we were pretty much free most of the time...

There were only 6 of us in our 10th class 3 girls and 3 boys and except for 2 we were all well renowned for trouble..

Together me and my crime partner was checking out our class cupboard.. We were sitting in our class, idle having nothing to keep us entertain we turned our attention towards the cupboard...

The boys walked out of class going on a work given by our class teacher. Our class teacher was sitting in our class doing some work of her own asking us to do whatever we want.

My other best friend was writing some as usual being the miss goody two shoes.

We were rummaging through our cupboard when I saw some tins of left over paint used to paint the desks during the start of the year.

My friend took and opened it. A bright beige colour paint flashed from the tin blinding my eyes for a second, it was very luminous and pretty as well. The paint smell was so delicious (what? I'm a craze for petrol smell, smell on paint and smell of new books and slippers)

I reached out for it but my stupid friend who was way taller than me raised it out of my reach and laughed for which I frowned. Finally she brought it down and kept it in on my desk next to which my other friend was writing notes.. and attracted buy the yummy smell of the paint.. three of us peeped in to the tin inhaling the delicious smell.

As its been a long time since it was used a thick layer has formed on the top of the tin making it spill proof..

Miss goody two shoes abandoned her books and took a pencil and poked hard at the paint and the thick layer broke revealing watery paint with even more delicious, colour and smell. It was easy to spill now so she closed it (at least that's what I hoped) and my other friend took it and kept it back in place.

I was bored again and went for my usual walk around the school and came back after 5 mins, it was so boring ,the boys were still out..

With a whiff of the paint trailing in the air.. my sense organs started craving more and more for the smell and color of the paint.

Both of my friends were talking seriously to each other, so I went to the cupboard and took the paint. I sniffed, its so mouth watering smell devouring it..

The two idiots were laughing so hard so I thought to surprise them. I ran towards them and swayed the closed tin towards miss goody two shoe as if I was gonna spill it on her shouting " who wants a paint shower??

Fate I say..the stupid herself has not closed the tin properly and the paint cascaded on her bathing her in beige color paint from head to toe.

Me and my other friend were so stunned to speak anything we kept staring at her in with our mouths open..

The paint has not touched her face as the peeping like hood part of her scarf shielded her face.and what she did was thinking that she can wipe the paint off, she smudged it all over her face until her full face was covered in beige paint only her glasses visible.

Both of us looked at each other and broke into a fit of uncontrollable laughter we were yelling and laughing and howling so hard that teachers all gathered from the staffroom. We were laughing so hard we didn't notice it, instead continued our laughing session. Our History tchr was so pissed that She scolded us like hell but nothing reached our ears, we were still howling amidst her lectures.. my friend's paint stained face was creeping into our minds and we were having a hard time controlling ourselves from laughing till she finishes scolding.

After scolding us she took her to the washroom. Just then the boys came and we narrated the whole story to them and laughed heartily for another good 15 minutes.
And suddenly we heard heels clicking along the corridor "madam (principal)" on her way. We looked at each other with terror stricken face. She came and stared at our paint stained classroom and our uniform which had blotches of paint "setthom di innaki veetuku poga vendiyathu than(we'll be gone for good now, sure we are to be suspended)" my friend muttered in my ears and horror struck for words I nodded.

But our madam raised an eyebrow and said laughingly "seems like you guys had some fun" and went away shaking her head.

We heaved a sigh of relief. We decided to check on our paint queen and popped our head slowly into the washroom.

The sight in front of us made us impotent to control our laughter: She was seated in a chair, her scarf removed and her orange-beige face clearly visible.

Our history tchr and our class tchr was dabbing at her face with cotton ball dipped in thinner. We howled seeing it and our class tchr frowned "seiradhellam senjittu sirippu vera"(doing everything and laughing also)

My friend too started laughing seeing us howling in laughter (maanam ketta jenmam) tchr lookednat her and then us " idhuval enga thirundha povudhunga"(shameless fellows these s are never gonna change) and she laughter too together with all of us..

This was such a beautiful laughter filled day that until recently we even kept celebrating our pain anniversary every year-the 10th of june 2015..

Now even with all 3 of us separated in our own paths.. this careless incident never fails to put a smile on our faces and I wonder it never will..