𝕋𝕠𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕦𝕡𝕚𝕕

"I think you and Haz would get along, Y/N. I swear on it." Tom states, as he tries to set up his childhood best friend, Y/N, with his other best friend whom he met at school named Harrison Osterfield.

"Tom, you've been speaking so highly of him... why don't you date him instead?" Y/N sasses. She giggles when Tom just stands there with his mouth hanging ajar.

"I hate you sometimes, you know that?" Tom jokingly says as he pretends to be offended with what Y/N said. "Look, he'll come by later and just give it a shot. I've been mentioning you to him and I think he's interested." Tom smirks when he sees a light blush creep up on Y/N's cheeks.

"Fine. I'll give him a chance, but that doesn't mean that I'll immediately fall in love with him or whatever. I can't focus on him; or love in general, all the time, y'know?" Y/N says.

"I know, because you're studying so hard to be a lawyer. You've been studying for months now. I'm sure you'll pass, but just give this guy a chance. He's single and you're single and he's your type and you're definitely his type. I'm helping both of you." Tom says as he sits beside Y/N on his ouch. "Thank me later when you guys are married and have beautiful blue eyed babies."

Y/N chuckles and lightly elbows him on his side. "Fine. I will."

A few hours later, someone rings the doorbell and Tom stands up to open it. Tom grins when he sees his best mate Harrison on the other side all dressed up.

"Where have you been lookin' all dressed up, mate?" Tom asks as he lets Harrison in. They walk to the kitchen together as Harrison rummages through the fridge.

"I went on a date with the girl I met last week, the one I bumped into at Trafalgar Square, and it was horrendous! I don't want to see her ever again. She was so rude and she seemed to have every trait that I disliked!" Harrison ends his rant with a heavy sigh. "I think I'm done with dating for awhile."

"Don't say that now, because I hav–"

"Tom, if this is about your best friend, Y/N, I don't want to hear it. It's annoying and I'm sure it's annoying her too." Harrison rolls his eyes as he takes out a can of beer from the fridge before closing the fridge door.

"She's in the living room if you want to meet her." Tom shrugs.

"Thank god I'm looking decent, then." Harrison chuckles, opening the can and taking a sip from it.

"Why? Are you conscious about how you look all of a sudden?" Tom asks with a smug grin on his face. It doesn't bother Harrison, though.

"Well, I have to live up to whatever you said to her." Harrison winks as Tom rolls his eyes at him. They go to the living room and sitting there is a beautiful girl watching Love Island.

"Tom, who was at the door?" Y/N asks as she turns around, only to find two boys looking at her.

"Y/N, this is Harrison. Harrison, this is Y/N." Tom formally introduces the two. Y/N stands up and offers her hand for Harrison to shake. He shakes her hand for a bit before letting it go.

"I'll sit on the other couch. You two can share." Tom smirks as he happily plops down on the couch located on the right of the tv.

Y/N sits down on her original spot and Harrison sits next to her. They all sit in silence whilst watching when Tom's phone rings indicating that someone's calling. He takes his phone and mumbles, "I'll be right back" before heading to his room and answering it.

"I, uh, heard that you're an actor. What films have I seen you in?" Y/N asks as she looks at Harrison. 'He's not bad looking', she thinks to herself.

"Yeah, I am. I was in the bus in Infinity War." Harrison says, looking at Y/N with those striking blue eyes that all girls seem to love that make them fall in love immediately.

Y/N, however, isn't falling in love yet. She's the hard to get type.

"That's it? Anything else?" Y/N chuckles.

"Catch 22." Harrison replies with the cutest smile. Y/N nods and says, "I'll check it out when I get home."

"Okay." Harrison nods. He's surprised that this girl isn't throwing herself at him. 'That's a first', he thinks to himself.

Just by not throwing herself at him, Harrison immediately takes interest in her. He wants to know whatever she'll be doing and when she's free and all that. He's the type that won't give up easily no matter how tired he is.

"So, you're a lawyer?" Harrison asks. Y/N shakes her head and says, "Not yet, at least. I'm studying for my finals at uni. I really want to be a lawyer."

He's never met a girl with an ambition before. Every girl he's ever met had no goals at all and they just want to be famous. But Y/N? She's different. She's a hardworking girl and Harrison is beginning to like her.

"That's honestly really cool. I've always wanted to become an actor. Everyone in my family is so good in academics and I didn't inherit that from them. I'm not the brightest tool in the shed, you see." Harrison explains with a shy smile on his face.

"Hey, don't say that. Everyone is smart in their own ways. I'm sure you're smart at something." Y/N cheers him up a bit.

Someone who motivates and cheers him up? Harrison must be talking to his dream girl.

"Thanks, Y/N. I appreciate it." Harrison smiles. Just then, Tom comes back and asks, "What did I miss?"

Harrison and Y/N look at each other with a shrug and say, "Nothing."

Tom looks at them with confusion on his face, "You guys are weird." He sits down on his previous place on the couch and continues to watch the show.

-

"Mate, where does Y/N go to uni?" Harrison asks one day.

It's been a month since he met Y/N and he really wants to see her again. He's thinking of showing up at her university to pick her up and ask her out or something, but he doesn't even know where she attends uni. He doesn't even know her number.

Tom looks at him with the biggest smirk on his face. He knows that Harrison would immediately catch feelings for Y/N, but he chooses not to tease him about it. Instead, he lies.

"I forgot where she attends uni. I'll just give you her number and then text her." Tom says opening Y/N's contact on his phone before giving it to Harrison.

Harrison types the number on his phone and thanks Tom before giving it back."I'll text her, then." Harrison says, trying to hide his happiness. Tom shakes his head and continues to memorize his lines.

Harrison quickly goes to the guest room and lays down on his bed to leave Y/N a text introducing himself and asking where she attends uni. Soon, Y/N texts back and says where she attends uni.

Harrison realizes that it's not far from Tom's flat, so he hastily gets ready before leaving the guest room and telling Tom that he's going out. When Harrison leaves, Tom smiles in victory and tells himself, "You are officially done playing Cupid, Tom. You did a good job."

* * * *

Tumblr: in-a-lot-of-fandoms-tbh