3: Beach Party (Part 1)

Reeve's eyes fluttered open as a sweet, yet cinnamon-y, smell filled the air. He sat himself up on the bed and yawned. After his eyes adjusted to the bright sunlight beaming in through the window, he felt around for Adam, quickly realizing he wasn't there. Reeve began to descend down the stairs as the delicious smell only grew stronger; His mouth started to salivate. As Reeve reached the last stair he saw Adam taking four pieces of toast off of a frying pan. 

Adam turned to him and smiled, "Good morning sleeping beauty." Reeve gave him a tired smile in return and took a seat at the table. Just as he did so Adam placed a plate of bacon and french toast in front of Reeve, and placed one fore himself. Once Reeve saw the food his stomach growled loudly, causing Adam to laugh, "Someone's hungry."

Reeve smiled and grabbed a piece of bacon, "Yep, haven't had a good breakfast like this in a while." Both ate silently at first, just enjoying one another's company, but as time passed Adam's face grew into a worried expression.

"Hey Reeve", said Adam placing down his fork.

Reeve looked up at him, "Yeah?"

"I was just wondering...yesterday you said you had some sort of nightmare. You want to tell me about it?", Adam asked. Reeve stiffened at this. Should I tell Adam? I mean...were kind of becoming a thing again, and it would be a relief to finally tell someone about my reoccurring nightmares. Reeve said nothing for a moment, just staring at his plate. Adam let out a soft sigh, "It's okay, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to-".

"No", Reeve interrupted, "I-I mean, no I do want to tell you." Adam watched as Reeve took a few deep breaths. "I've been having these...nightmares a lot lately, every other night it seems. Last night I had one about you and me, we were running from a monster in the Hollow. You were behind and I tried to help you catch up...but...", Reeve's voice grew shaky as he tried to keep down tears that were beginning to form in his eyes. Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder. 

Reeve looked up as Adam gave him his shoulder a gentle squeeze, a warm smile on his face. "It's okay Reeve. I'm glad you told me, it may seem weird but I've gone through the same thing."

"You have?", Reeve asked while quickly wiping his eyes.

Adam nodded, "I don't go through it as much anymore, but I used to once we settled in Hollow Life. I would have them every night and not know what to do about them, I had to teach myself to cope. But at least you've told me now so that I can help you", he gave a peck to Reeve's cheek which sent Reeve blushing.

"T-thanks Adam", Reeve said shyly.

"No problem, babe."

Did he just call me...God already with the pet names. Reeve chuckled and walked his empty plate over to the sink. As Adam finished his food a ringing sound erupted from his pocket. He rummaged through it and took out his phone, he unlocked it and saw he had received a message from Kai; 

Hey Adam, I was planning to have a beach party at 6 and thought u might wanna come. There will be food! Also, u can bring Reeve if u want. 

He ended his text with a wink-y face emoji. Adam grinned and turned to Reeve who was washing off his plate in the sink, "Hey Reeve, do you want to go swimming later?"

Reeve shrugged and faced Adam, "I'm down if you are."