5: Sweet, Sweet Nothings

The sun started to set along the horizon giving the ocean a dark, orange glow. The teens were gathered around a campfire, drinks and food in hand. They were enjoying themselves and having a good time. Reeve was even laughing along with them, smiling a bright smile, with a half empty beer in hand. He sat next to Adam, watching the others as they were chatting.

"This was a really fun party Kai!", Vanessa grinned, "Thanks for inviting us." Mira and Adam nodded in approval. 

Kai turned to her and smiled, "Thanks Vanessa, I'm glad you guys liked it. At least it gave us something do on a boring day like this." 

Reeve took a large gulp from his beer and replied with a slurred, "Y-yep." Adam glanced at him and smirked. 

"Reeve, are you drunk?", he asked, watching as Reeve wiped his mouth sloppily with the back of his hand. Reeve looked at Adam with a confused look.

"N-no, I'm not drunk Adam", he gave a slight chuckle after taking another big gulp, "Do I-I look d-drunk to you?"

"Yep, pretty drunk", Adam laughed as he turned his attention back to the group. Adam then felt as Reeve leaned heavily onto his shoulder. His eyelids hung low as he took yet another drink from his beverage. Adam saw this and sighed. He reached over and tried to grab the bottle out of Reeve's hand, but Reeve snatched it away. "Reeve come one, I think you've had enough", Adam ushered as he tried once again to take the bottle from Reeve.

Reeve only yanked it back angrily, "N-no!", causing some of the drink to spill onto both Adam and him. Mira watched both boys with a smile as Adam quickly attempted to wipe off the liquid from his shirt. "Maybe you should take him home", Mira started, "before he spills something else on you." 

Adam rolled his eyes, "Ha ha, very funny Mira. But yeah, he looks pretty wasted, we better head home now." Adam gently pushed Reeve off his shoulder, got up, and without a second thought picked Reeve up bridle style with ease. Reeve looked up at Adam, shocked and blushing, but gave in and rested his head on Adam's shoulder. Mira then carefully took the bottle from Reeve as Adam said his goodbyes and began to make the short journey back home. Once Adam arrived home with Reeve he carefully brought him up the stairs, changed his drenched shirt, and gently placed him in his bed. Reeve was close to falling asleep, his eyes failing to stay open for even a second. Adam smiled at the tired Reeve and began to tuck him into the sheets. Once done Adam placed a small kiss onto Reeve's forehead. He then turned around and made his way out of the room. Suddenly he felt something grab his arm making him jump. He slowly turned around and saw Reeve, barely awake, with a small frown on his face.

"...D-don't leave me...", he whispered. Adam silently looked him over. After a few seconds Adam gave him a comforting smile, he removed Reeve's hand from his arm and placed it into his both his palms. 

"Of course I won't, babe", Adam whispered back soothingly. Reeve gave a weak smile in return. He moved over slightly, giving Adam space to settle in. As Adam laid himself down onto the bed Reeve couldn't help but snuggle up against him. Reeve could feel Adam's warmth seeping onto his body, he could hear the soft beating of Adam's heart. Adam wrapped his arms around Reeve. Both began to drift off to sleep, until Reeve spoke and said, "T-thanks for bringing me home today...I-I don't know what I would do w-without you Adam." Reeve tightened his grip around Adam, "You make m-me feel so happy, I l-love you so f*cking much."

Adam smiled and felt his cheeks heat up as he looked down at the sweet Reeve that he held in his arms. Adam knew Reeve wouldn't remember any of this once he woke up the following morning, but he decided to just embrace the moment. Besides, he could use this as an opportunity to tease Reeve later. He gave Reeve a quick kiss on the lips and stared into his dark, brooding eyes. "You make me feel even happier, Reeve. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I get to wake up and go to sleep everyday knowing that I'm with the one person that gives me a purpose in this life. I love you more than anything."