9: A Heated Summer Day (Part 1)

The swift, cool air blew through the trees, shaking the leaves and blowing them around. The sun was high in the sky, beaming down it's rays of warmth. Sat under a tree were Adam and Reeve. Reeve and Adam were leaned against the bark, side by side. Reeve took in a deep breath and inhaled the sweet air.

"It's really nice out here", he said.

Adam nodded, "Yeah, it reminds me of the weather in the Hollow."

Reeve turned his head to him, "The weather was nice there...most of the time, though you were always trying to fight me when I tried to enjoy it", he responded playfully.

Adam smirked, "Me? Trying to fight you? You were the one that kept fighting with me."

A frown formed on Reeve's face, "I was trying to help the team! You were just trying to take control like you always do."

Adam glared at Reeve, "How was I being controlling!?", he said scooting away from Reeve, "Every time I tried to contribute to the team you would come and try to claim it for yourself!"

"That's not true!", Reeve beamed, "I was only trying to help, and stop you from messing something up!"

Suddenly Adam snapped. He clenched his fist and furrowed his brows, "At least I wasn't being an ass for no reason and only caring about looking tough in front of the others!" Reeve froze. Adam gasped and covered his mouth. A flashback popped into Reeve's head of him when he was younger. He was wandering around the house looking for his Mom, whom had suddenly disappeared. When he walked into the living room he saw her, she had a full glass of red liquid in her hand, and her hair and face was a mess. Reeve went up to her and tried to get her attention, but she only pushed him away.

"God R-reeve, you're such an a-ass", she angrily slurred. Reeve tried again but to no avail, as he was shoved back again. "Y-you're so annoying, g-go away!" Reeve grew tired of being pushed around, so he tried to talk to her instead.

"Mom", he said cutely, "can you play with me? I don't wanna play by myself anymore." His mother glared at him and laughed. Reeve felt himself start to cry as he watched his mother take another sip from her glass. Why does Mom hate me so much...? 

His Mom noticed the tears and smirked, "L-look at you, you're crying like a fucking baby! You're w-weak and cry off of every little thing!", she said letting out an evil laugh. The tears came faster now, pouring down his face before he could wipe them away. Stop crying, stop crying...

"Mom stop, I-I'm not-"

"I wish y-you were m-more like your father. Maybe then I'd love you m-more", she smiled, finishing off her drink. Reeve snapped out of the flashback and felt tears form in the back of his eyes, he then began to stand up. Adam grabbed his arm and stood up as well. 

"Reeve", he started, "wait, I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

Reeve shook off Adam's hand, anger and hurt creating an ache in his chest, "Shut up!" Reeve was breathing heavily, his eyes filled with hate. But when he saw Adam's guilty expression he sighed and turned away from him. "Sorry...just, leave me alone." Adam softly pecked Reeve's cheek and enveloped him in a hug from behind.

"Reeve please, I know I went too far. I'm an idiot, okay?", Adam pleaded, tightening his hold on Reeve. 

Reeve swiftly slipped out from inside Adam's arms and glanced back at him, "Yeah, you are an idiot. You think just because you gave me a kiss and a hug everything's fine. Well, news flash, it isn't." Reeve then walked away from Adam, hands in his pockets, heading into the opposite direction. Adam watched as Reeve grew smaller and smaller in the distance. Tears started to form in his eyes, his heart felt as if it were breaking in two.

"...I have to fix this", Adam muttered.