Chapter 2- Music class

The therapeutic sounds of rain were a much welcomed distraction for Gulf away from the jealous, judgmental stares of his fellow engineering classmates. SOTUS had been going on for a week now and every time Gulf entered the hazing hall glares are thrown his way from all directions with disgusted looks on everyone's faces. By now everyone knows Gulf is their head hazer's younger brother and so believe he gets special treatment for being so instead of trying to find out the real reason. They are simply looking for a reason to vent out their frustrations on others. The freshman hate their head hazer and hazing gang for the prejudiced they show towards Gulf, making him sit out of every tough exercise like running laps and squats only allowing him to join when they are chanting the engineering code or when discussing something in groups. Despite their feeling's inside, the freshman know better than to disrespect their hazer's and therefore maintain a professional, respectful attitude when speaking or listening to them, hiding their feelings of hate deep inside waiting until after SOTUS hours to unleash it.

This day was different than the others for Gulf as it was his first day to start his music classes. As a student taking 2 degrees all his engineering classes take place in the morning followed by music in the afternoon until evening. On this particular day, all engineering classes were cancelled and replaced by SOTUS activities so Gulf had to endure the continuous glares of hate by all of his fellow classmates except Ming. The clock had just struck 12 and finally Singto called for the activities to end.

"Everybody gather in front of me" Singto shouts, his voice laced in authority quickly catching everyone's attention as they rush over.
As everyone lines up neatly according to their number Singto begins speaking again
"Good work today everyone." Singto compliments the freshman
"We will meet again at the same time tomorrow and I expect everyone to attend unless receiving my permission to not"
"You are all to remind every student who didn't attend today to attend tomorrow otherwise you will be running laps for every student they doesn't attend. Understand?" Everyone nods their heads respectfully keeping there faces towards the floor afraid to catch Singto's attention.
"You all may leave" Singto finishes his small speech and makes his way other to Gulf and Ming ignoring the jealous glares faced in Gulf's direction as soon as everyone was excused.

"Make everyone run laps for every student missing. Ha. Seems like everyone doesn't include his precious little brother" one engineering freshman said to his gang
"There is no-way P'Singto will force Gulf to run those laps so why should we?" Another replies obviously annoyed by Singto's apparently bias nature.
"If we have to run them tomorrow, one way or another I'm forcing him to run them" The first freshman states and receives excited nods from all his friends.
"How many laps have we run so far this week?" The first freshman states with a cruel and cunning look in his eyes like he has just thought of the best plan for revenge
"It was about 50 laps give or take why" another member of the gang replied sorta liking where this is going.
"Gulf is taking a double degree right?" The first freshman asks to make sure then gathers the rest of his friends around him to tell them his master plan for Gulf later on that day.

Meanwhile Gulf is walking into his first ever music class looking around trying to find his other best friend New, who said he'd wait for Gulf inside.
It takes Gulf a few moments to spot New surrounded by 2 other extremely good-looking people in the back corner of the classroom but once he notices quickly moves to greet them.
As New spots Gulf approaching he instantly breaks off whatever conversation he was having and rises to greet Gulf with a hug as soon as he arrives in front of him.
"Gulf!" New calls happily out to Gulf, who was surprised by how energetic New was today, and hugs him tightly like they haven't seen each other in forever.
"Hi New" Gulf returns the hug strongly then once they pull apart gestures to the 2 good-looking men talking to him
"So New who are they?" Gulf questions curiously to New as the man standing on his left side really caught his eye. He is really good-looking with his features well-defined and with his sleeves rolled up the younger could see his well defined veins on his muscular arms. You have to be really handsome to catch Gulf's eyes after all he does have 2 brothers who are considered handsome and beautiful respectively along with their unfairly good-looking boyfriends Krist and Tae.
First New introduces the one standing on his right side much to Gulf's dismay although he still listens attentively.
"Gulf, this is my boyfriend Tay" signalling to the man who was now standing beside him with his arm wrapped around New's waist.
"Hi it's very nice to meet you. I'm Tay Tawan" Tay looks at Gulf and smiles friendly.
"It's nice to meet you too. I'm Gulf Kanawut" Gulf greets then holds out his hand in front of Tay for a hand shake, which Tay gratefully accepts and reciprocates.
Then New speaks up again now signalling to the man standing to his left-hand who seems to be in daze staring at Gulf unable to look away until Tay snaps his fingers in front of his face trying to get his attention
"You okay man?" Tay asks Mew
"Yeah fine just a little tired" Mew replies still not taking his eyes off of Gulf
"Okay. Gulf this is Tay's best friend Mew" New interrupts to introduce Mew
"Mew this is my best friend Gulf" New states turning around to face Mew directly
"It's a pleasure to meet you. As you heard before I'm Gulf Kanawut." Gulf takes the initiative to hold out his hand once again.
Mew takes his hand and reciprocates the hand-shake "I'm Mew Suppasit. It is a pleasure to meet someone as beautiful as you too." As Mew utters those words he brings Gulf's hand to his mouth so he could place a kiss on the back of his hand.
Gulf blushes furiously at the unexpected gensture by Mew and stares into his eyes while Tay and New stand completely unsure of what is happening
"Can they see us?" New whispers to Tay who now stops trying to get Mew's attention away from Gulf
"Nope. They are in there own little world" Tay replies circling his arm back around New's waist and kissing his boyfriends forehead whilst waiting for Mew and Gulf to stop staring so they could continue the conversation.
They wait a few more minutes until Tay finally gets bored of the two people ignoring their presence and restarts the conversation
"Your taking both Engineering and Music right Gulf" Tay asks Gulf who finally snapped to attention after New shook his shoulder roughly
"Yes I am. How did you know" Gulf questions
"I think New mentioned it to me one time."
"Didn't you New" Tay asks New trying to affirm his suspicions of how he found out. If he wasn't told by New then he had no idea of how he found out
"Yeah I told you last week when you asked why their were people on the field in the engineering department as we were driving by" New explained, Tay and Gulf simply nodded their heads in understanding.
"Wait. Gulf! How do you do the Sotus your not allowed to run?" New panicked and quickly asked Gulf forgetting that Tay and Mew were listening to their conversation with wide-eyes confused as to why Gulf wouldn't be allowed to run.
"I sit at the side until P'Sing let's me join in" Gulf answers also forgetting the others presence in the conversation. Then again his condition wasn't something he could keep hidden from people. They needed to know in order to help him if he ever needs it although he normally avoids telling anyone until he trusts them like Ming and New.
"I don't understand" Mew speaks up for the first time since shaking Gulf's hand as he was completely confused
"Why are you not allowed not run?" Mew asks gently hoping Gulf would be willing to tell him despite not knowing him for very long.
"I'm not supposed to tell people but I guess I should tell you guys if we are going to friends" Gulf states calmly after accessing the situation. He realised would be in his best interest to tell more people than just New in Music. Tay and Mew are now listening attentively while New is by Gulf's side rubbing his hand along his friends back showing his support for any decision made.
"You don't have to if you don't want to" Mew states not wanting to force Gulf into anything he doesn't want.
"No. It's fine it's probably better that you guys know however I am going to ask you keep it a secret"
"I won't tell anyone" Mew replies and Tay nods his head in agreement.
"I have a rare heart condition called Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy" Gulf explains before continuing
"This is where my heart has a problem with the proteins that hold the heart cells together causing these cells to be lost leaving behind scar tissue and fatty cells in return causes the ventricle walls to become thin. This affects both ventricles .
"These thin wall of the ventricles affect the electrical activity of the heart and cause arrhythmias to which some can be deadly if not treated immediately"
" For me, Arrhythmias are usually triggered when the cardiac output of the heart is high so like during exercise or stress I need to avoid high intensity exercise, high stress levels and other risk factors like excessive drinking and smoking" Gulf finishes his explanation then turns to look at the others faces.
Mew is completely in shock and doesn't know what to say. It's almost unreal to him that someone that beautiful who looks so happy with life could possibly have that sort of condition where he could die at any given moment. Tay is also zoned out and New is trying to get his attention. After failing to grasp either of the boys attention away from their thoughts, both Gulf and New decide that they would give the boys a few more moments to take in all the information they just heard as New knows from experience how hard it is to accept everything they have just been told.

It was around 2 minutes later that Mew finally spoke up
"So what can we do?" Mew questions after hearing this news about Gulf it makes him want to protect the younger from any harm. There was a strange feeling in his chest that he just couldn't quite understand that makes him feel like he couldn't breathe since the moment Gulf told him about how deadly his condition was.
"What do you mean?" Gulf questions not understanding what Mew means. It is an incurable condition so how does he plan on helping.
"What should we do if you ever were to get a arrhythmia?" Mew clarifies. His full attention is turned towards Gulf ready to commit every word he says to memory.
"That depends how bad of a arrhythmia it is. If I am conscious during it then I should only need the medicine in my bag. Other times especially when I'm unconscious, I need CPR and to be taken to the hospital immediately."Gulf calmly explains to Mew while the others also listen in.
Mew was about to reply when the door opened and the professor arrived commanding everyone to take their seats successfully cutting off any further conversations related to this matter.

A/N Sorry this update took so long
I was swamped by school work and couldn't find any time to write
I thought some details about Gulf's condition would be useful as I'm probably not the only person who doesn't know what ARVC was before I found it
Mew has finally met Gulf and there seems to be some attraction between them
The Engineering boys are planning something what do you think it is?
Thanks for reading
I hope you enjoyed
Please leave a comment on this chapter
Any questions feel free to ask. I will try my best to answer them all.
Word Count - 2105
Date Written - 24th May 2020