Chapter 3- Laps

The sound of the bell ringing loudly throughout the classroom signalled to everyone that the final class of the day was ending. Gulf was seated at the back of the classroom alone as this was the only class he didn't have with either Ming, New, Tay or Mew. The professor signed for everyone to pack up their belongings as he quickly exited the classroom heading towards the music staff room.
Everyone packed up and left rather quickly whilst Gulf remained seated waiting for someone to come and pick him up. It was 6 o'clock in the evening and Gulf wondered who was picking him up today as it was too early for both his brothers and their boyfriends to finish. It was a rule that he should always have someone with him, that knows his condition and can defend themselves and Gulf, before leaving the campus for any reason. His family and friends weren't taking any chances.

Gulf waited in the classroom for another hour before the door burst open and he was met with 7 familiar looking engineering students that Gulf recognised to be in some of his classes. Without waiting another second, 2 of the students approached Gulf and roughly grabbed both of his wrists,holding on tightly refusing to let go.
"What are you doing? Let go of me!" Gulf shouted angrily at his classmates whilst trying his best to fight the grip they had on his wrists. He could already tell his wrists were bruising as a sense of worry crept into his mind concerned about what they wanted with him.
The two boys holding on to Gulf kept their grip on the younger as they dragged him through the now-deserted hall of the music faculty towards a car parked right outside.
"Let go of me"
"Let go" Gulf screams still struggling against their grip
"Stop struggling or I'll beat you" The leader of the gang shouts annoyed by Gulf constants screams
At this threat, Gulf fell silent as old memories of his previous kidnappings flash through his brain causing him to begin trembling uncontrollably. He no-longer tried to struggle and simply allowed the 2 boys to pull him along into the awaiting car. Not moving even to put on his seat belt, Gulf just stared out the window into the darkness of night wondering and worrying over what will happen next.

It wasn't very long before the car came to a stop again and Gulf could feel the familiar pulling sensation on his wrists as he was lead out of the car onto what he recognised as the engineering faculty field. Sotus had finished just after Gulf's classes so everyone including the hazer's, professors and students had gone home. Gulf has the Dean's permission to no-longer needs to attend Sotus as he needs to attend his music classes instead further increasing the jealousy of the other students who don't know about this. The younger was pulled onto the starting point of the track where he was forced onto his knees in-front of his classmates who all stared at him with hatred and jealously clearly present in their eyes.
"Why am I here" Gulf spoke up confused as to why he was brought to the engineering field of all places
"We have had enough of P'Singto's bias attitude towards you. He exempts you from any and all running related to Sotus whilst he have to constantly run around this track with the sun blaring down on us. It's not fair on us" The leader strongly stated how wronged all of the other engineering students felt towards their head-hazer's actions
"Fair?" Gulf laughed. He hated people talking about life being fair or unfair after they suffer a little bit.
"Nothing in life is fair. That's the reality of the world. Learn to accept it as I have" Gulf stated truthfully feeling a bit annoyed. He was about to continue when the leader approached him and violently struck Gulf on the left of his face with his palm successfully cutting off whatever truth Gulf was going to say.
Gulf cupped his left cheek in shock as tears filled his eyes slightly.
"Stop crying!" One of the his classmates shouted at Gulf before the leader continued speaking. Gulf willed away his tears and looked strongly into the eyes of his classmates.
"Due to your Brother's bias actions, we have decided to punish you" the leader states staring at Gulf before continuing
"You will run 50 laps of this field tonight without stopping. If you stop there will be consequences so I would recommend for your safety not to stop at any point" The leader explains to Gulf signalling the 2 members of his gang holding Gulf to make him stand then let go.
"But I can't" Gulf states he knows he'll die if he runs that much.
"Why not?" One of the engineering gang called Wai asks honestly curious as to if there is another reason behind why Gulf misses Sotus. He hadn't talked until now believing what they were doing was right but if there was another reason then he didn't want to be part of this. None of the gang even considered the possibility of there being another reason why Gulf sat out of Sotus.
"I'm not allowed to run. I'll die" Gulf states and everyone laughs except Wai who believed what Gulf was saying.
"Why can't you run?" Wai asks whilst everyone else was still laughing at Gulf's apparently terrible attempt to avoid running.
"I have a heart condition" Gulf states not willing to give too much information about his condition to them. Wai completely believes Gulf after seeing the look in his eyes. Gulf's eyes were telling him that he was telling the truth.
"Maybe he's telling the truth" Wai states to the leader of the gang who simply turns his head in disbelief that someone actually believed Gulf's obvious lies.
"He's not, Wai"
"He's definitely lying to avoid running" The leader shouts looking towards Gulf
"But what if he's not? What if he's telling the truth? What would we do then?" Wai asks worried about them if something happens to Gulf
"He's definitely lying, Wai and you will see that once he starts running those laps" The leader states evilly scaring Wai
"I don't want to be here anymore I'm leaving" Wai states walking towards the engineering dorms hopefully he could find someone who could help Gulf.
"You can't leave. You are a part of this as well" The leader states and gestures 2 of the remaining 5 men to hold Wai so he won't leave.
Gulf realises that he has no-escape from this situation. He begins looking around quickly searching for any way of escape from this. He doesn't want to die.
The constant movement of Gulf's head looking in all different directions catches the the leaders attention.
"Why haven't you started running" the leader yells at the top of his lungs terrifying Gulf into beginning his run around the track.