Chapter 7 - Side-effects

Just as the sunlight took its final look over the peak of the forest, Mew re-entered his bedroom to wake the sleepy head that had been sleeping for the last few hours.
"Wake up Gulf." Mew says gently as he shakes Gulf's shoulders. He's trying to be careful with the younger as he doesn't yet know what to expect when he wakes up. The way his family and friends make the side-effects seem like hell for Gulf makes him want to be even more careful and gentle when dealing with the younger.
"Gulf wake up" Mew shakes Gulf slightly harder after the younger showing no signs of waking up.
"M..mew" Gulf states his voice still horse and ridden with sleep.
Slowly Gulf opens his eyes and observes his surroundings and after finding nothing familiar he starts to panic
"Mew where am I?" Gulf questions quickly. He has forgotten that he is staying with Mew in his house
"Calm down Gulf! Your in my bedroom in my house. Your completely safe." Mew explains after sensing Gulf's panic. He is trying to make the younger more comfortable despite being surrounded by an unknown environment.
"Oh okay" Gulf replies looking around Mew's bedroom curiously.
"Are you okay to eat at the table? I've made some food for us." Mew asks and Gulf nods his head. He's quite relieved that so far he can only feel a small headache instead of his usual severe ones that knows will he coming later on.
"Ok then" Mew says before standing up from his seated position beside Gulf on his bed and walks out into the kitchen to dish up the pairs dinner. Gulf follows slowly feeling that with every more he makes the headache gets more intense. So far it's at a level where telling Mew and asking for painkillers would be a good idea but Gulf just wants to enjoy one dinner with Mew before burdening him for the remainder of the time.
Gulf is the type of person that likes to do things for himself and doesn't like telling people if he doesn't feel well but due to his condition he's learnt that sometimes it is necessary to tell people. He finds Mew to be a person he can trust and can tell his problems to but still wants to make it through one meal without alerting Mew to his discomfort. With these thoughts in mind, Gulf takes his seat opposite Mew at the table.
"I was told you can still eat normal foods until the vomiting starts so I made tomato pasta with garlic breads" Mew explained to Gulf. While the younger was asleep, Mew called his second brother Tee to ask what Gulf's favourite foods were and if he had any allergies. Tee explained that Gulf likes western foods with basil and is allergic to prawns. Mew decided to make garlic bread with basil on top and tomato pasta with some basil hoping it would suit Gulf's taste.
"It looks lovely thanks Mew" Gulf replies looking down at the food then smiles up at Mew.
"Hope you like it" Mew stated before digging in to his own food.

The two ate in a comfortable silence, no words exchanged only the sounds of cutlery hitting the plate until all of a sudden Gulf let out a pained cry as his metal cutlery went crashing to the ground below him. His hands clutched his head tightly and his face was contorted in pain. Mew jumped up from his chair and rushed over to Gulf's side kneeling next to him the exact moment the cutlery hit the floor.
"Gulf! What's wrong" Mew asked quickly in panic. He wasn't expecting symptoms this bad to happen so quickly and so suddenly.
"Mew it hurts!" Gulf cried out, tears streaming down his face making Mew almost instantaneously get up and run to the kitchen where he had put all of Gulf's medicines including his painkillers.
Mew took out two painkillers the doctor prescribed for Gulf and a bottle of water before rushing back to Gulf's side and placing the tablets in the younger's mouth and opening the bottled water to allow him to take a sip.
Once Mew had finished giving Gulf the tablets, he immediately took the younger into his embrace carefully placing Gulf's head on his chest and wrapping his arms around him. Gulf clutched onto Mew's back harshly waiting for the painkillers to take effect. Mew ignored the pain of Gulf's nails digging into his back and just focused on rubbing one of his hands gently over the younger's back to calm him down. The other hand focused on gently massaging Gulf's head at the exact spot the pain was most intense trying to relieve it as much as possible to help the younger.
It took a few minutes for the tablets to take effect and effectively relieve most of  the severe pain leaving only a slight but dull throbbing in Gulf's head 100x better than it had been just a few minutes prior.
Gulf remained in Mew's embrace for a few minutes after the pain had dulled down enjoying the sense of comfort Mew was giving him. He had never felt so relaxed in another persons embrace that wasn't his family.
The younger gently pulled away from Mew after hearing his stomach protest against the lack of food in it. Mew chuckled slightly after hearing and Gulf once again blushed from embarrassment.To further Gulf's embarrassment before he could get up, Mew quickly lifted the younger of the floor and placed him down gently on the couch before bringing over Gulf's food on a small tray.
Happily, Gulf reached over for the food and tried to pick up with his new cutlery that Mew had gotten with the tray but struggled to do so as his hands start to shake uncontrollably.
"Gulf are you okay?" Mew asks looking directly at Gulf's hands.
"Yeah I'm okay" Gulf replies just as he tries to pick up a piece of pasta with the fork only for the pasta to fall of the fork due to the shaking motion.
"Your obviously not." Mew states standing and walking directly over to Gulf's side to take the seat next to him on the couch.
"Give me that!" Mew states soft but powerfully leaving Gulf no choice but to give his food tray to Mew.
"Here open your mouth" Mew says as he picks up a piece of pasta and holds it in front of Gulf's mouth waiting for the younger to take it.
Gulf blushed bright red at Mew's action and briefly covered his face with his shaking hands before doing what Mew asked.
He opens his mouth wide enough for Mew to feed him his food. Both of them trying to stay calm and ignore the obvious beating of their hearts. They stay in silence just the sounds of Gulf chewing can be heard, both to afraid to let the other hear their hearts.
It only a few more minutes until Gulf was finished with his food and was leaned his head back against the couch with his eyes shut.
"So there is already 3 of the 7 symptoms" Gulf thought to himself whilst thinking over the events that have happened over the course of the day.
"This is not going to be fun!" Gulf accidentally said out loud catching Mew's attention who was just finishing his food since he couldn't eat it while feeding Gulf
"What's not?" Mew questioned Gulf confused at his statement.
"The next two weeks if I've already got 3 symptoms on the first day I've been discharged." Gulf clarified after realising that he had accidentally said the last statement out loud.
"Don't worry I'll look after you! All you have to do is focus on getting enough rest to recover!" Mew stated and Gulf's heart started pounding again in his chest.
"O.okay thanks" Gulf said in a small voice embarrassed that Mew is doing so much for him when he barely knows him.
"Come on let's get you to bed. you look so tired" Mew stated looking Gulf over. Gulf simply agree without any protest. The headache and crying has zapped him of all his energy. Mew picked up Gulf and placed back in his bed before leaving to grab Gulf's medicine he needs to take after dinner each day. Gulf laid his head against the headboard in Mew's room eyes shut exhaustion clear among his features. Mew returned to Gulf only to find the younger snoozing in his bed, not particularly wanting to but knowing Gulf must take his medicine Mew shook Gulf gently enough to wake him enough.
"M...Mew"
"Why did you wake me up I want to sleep" Gulf whined cutely. He's completely forgotten about his medicine just like the doctor said he probably would.
"That's absolutely adorable" Mew said in his thoughts cooing at Gulf's actions
"Sorry sleepyhead, I need you take your medicine before going back to sleep okay?" Mew explained to Gulf who only slightly opened his eyes to look at him. Mew passed the pills and a bottle of water to Gulf who sat up probably to take them before settling his head against the pillow and quickly falling asleep.