1: Britt and Say Day

"I'll see you after school," my best friend, Britt, says to me after first period, which is our only class together.

I wave goodbye to her and begin the rest of my long school day, which feels like forever since today is Friday. Throughout the day, I see some of my other friends, and we discuss the party that Britt and her brother are throwing later that night. I am going shopping with Britt after school to find an outfit because I have to dress to impress; it's my first party since I've been back to school. You see, I've lived in Michigan for my entire life and I go to a private prep school. I've always been pretty popular. When I had to take a break from school, the bitchiest girl in our school, Hannah, tried to take my spot, but my friends are far too loyal to let that happen.

Finally, the last bell rings, signaling that the school day is over. I put all my books into my locker, because there is no way I'm doing homework this weekend, and run to the parking lot to find Britt. I spot her sitting in her Jeep and I open the door and hop in.

"Took you long enough slowpoke! I thought the mall would be closed by the time you got out here!" Britt jokes to me.

I laugh and plug my phone into the aux. I ask Britt what she wants to listen to because that's our rule: the person driving must approve what is playing in their car. She tells me to just shuffle my driving playlist, which is a random mix of different genres, but mostly has country songs. I'll admit it; I'm a country girl at heart. I'm quiet for most of the ride, and Britt doesn't push me to talk about my day because she knows sometimes I need a break after an overwhelming day of school. We arrive at the mall, and Britt parks close to the entrance.

Wandering through the mall, I look at the stores I usually shop at for parties, such as Forever21, H&M, and PacSun. I don't wear expensive outfits to parties because I know I'll just end up spilling something on my outfit and I'll have to throw it out. I decide to only buy a new top because I can just wear a pair of ripped jeans from home. I don't want to buy new pants because I'm trying to regain some of my weight back, so I can just wear a belt to hold up my old clothes. After Britt and I both find outfits for tonight, we head back to her car and drive to her house to get ready for the party. I text my mom to let her know I'm at Britt's house because I know she gets worried.

Once I'm dressed, I sit on Britt's bed and scroll through TikTok, waiting for her to finish in the bathroom so I can go in. After a few minutes, I hear Britt yell,

"Saylor! Can you help me curl the back of my hair? I can't reach."

I laugh, as I knew this was going to happen, before getting up to do her hair. Once she is finished getting ready, I get ready as well. We look each other up and down and then in the mirror before we state at the same time, "We look hot."

We break out into a fit of laughter. Once we calm down, we take a few selfies, mirror selfies, and timer cam pics. We need to cover ALL of our bases. I look through the pictures while Britt left to go talk to her brother, which will probably turn into an argument. After a few minutes, I walk into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. Britt and her brother, Peter, come down and we begin to set up for their party.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saylor and Britt's outfits

A/N:

Sorry her backstory is confusing it's going to be explained later! Also, this is my first book so please give me (gentle) criticism.