5: A Small Crush

Saylor POV

It has been a week since we last saw the NTDP boys, but Jack and Quinn invited us over to their house tonight. Since it is pretty warm out for mid-October, we are going to have a fire in the Hughes' backyard. It's Saturday, so they have practice this morning. We are supposed to head to the Hughes' house at around 6:30 tonight. I am actually very excited. I love hanging out with those boys and had been texting them throughout the week. I never really had guy friends, besides Peter, because all the guys that "befriended" me just wanted me to sleep with them. I roll over in my bed and grab my phone to check the time. Seeing that it's already 11 AM, I get up and go to take a shower.

After my shower, I wrap my hair in my towel and throw on a robe. I walk out of my bathroom and down the hall to my room. I begin to scan my closet for an outfit for the day. I settle on a light gray crop top with black leggings and a fuzzy, tan cardigan. I head back to the bathroom and brush my teeth before drying my hair and putting some loose curls in it. I go back to my room and sit down at my vanity. I decide not to wear too much makeup today because I'm just chilling with friends. I apply some concealer, eyeshadow, mascara, and lip balm. I look in the mirror and inspect my face. Something is missing... I need highlighter! I pick up my Fenty highlighter and put it on, and then decide I'm good to go. Not before taking a few mirror selfies, though.

Earlier in the week, Ansley, Britt and I made a 2:00 nail appointment, and it is already 1:30. I text them that I am on my way to pick them up, and then put on my Air Force 1's, before grabbing my keys and wallet and heading to my car, yelling goodbye to my parents on my way out. I get in my car and plug my phone into the aux, shuffling my driving playlist. I then order our usuals from my Starbucks app. I got an iced caramel latte, Ansley got a pink drink, and Britt got a Nitro cold brew. Britt is kinda intense with coffee...

I pull out of my driveway and head in the direction of Ansley's house. Once I text her that I am there, she gets in the car and buckles her seatbelt. "How are you feeling today, Say?" Ansley asks after a few seconds. I shift my car in gear and head towards Britt's house before saying, "I'm good, Ans," which receives a suspicious look from her.

"Why do I not believe you?" Ansley asks me. I sigh, knowing I can't fool her. I think about what I am going to say as I turn onto Britt's block. When we park, I text Britt telling her I am here. I then begin to talk to Ansley. I explain last Saturday morning with Trevor and tell her all about our conversation. While I am talking, Britt opens the back door of my car and hops in. "What are we talking about?" she askes, looking to be filled in.

Ansley and I turn to look at her at the same time and say, "Trevor," before I continue my story, driving to Starbucks. "I don't know guys, he's really cute and so sweet," I continue, "but I made a promise to myself."

I park my car at Starbucks and go in to get the drinks before they could answer me. I get back to the car carrying the tray and give them their drinks. Britt has a devilish smirk on her face, so I know something is up. "Are you excited to see Trevor tonight?" Britt asks me.

Does this girl listen when I speak? "No-," I start to talk but am cut off by Ansley.

"Hey listen. Just because you're not interested in dating at the moment doesn't mean you can't have a little crush on him," Ansley says hopefully. I know she is right. Maybe in the future, I can develop a strong enough crush on Trevor to actually act on it, but right now, I wouldn't even consider it a crush. I just think he is an attractive, kind, smart, funny boy that I enjoy hanging out with.

When we get to the nail place, I choose a mint green color, Ansley chooses lavender, and Britt chooses light pink. We chat the entire time we are getting our nails done and eventually finish and pay. We head back to Britt's house to hang out before we go over to the Hughes'. It's only 4:00 when we get back to their house. We notice Peter's car in the driveway and we walk through the front door. We enter the family room and see Peter and Trevor sitting on the couch watching NHL highlights.

They both look up and greet us. Peter says, "Trevor came to chill after practice before we head to the Hughes'. Is it cool if he rides there with us?"

Everyone looks at me since I'm going to be driving. I force a smile and nod, saying, "Sure!" I then sit on the couch between Peter and Britt and lean back, going on my phone.

This is just great.

Saylor's outfit for today :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Honestlyy this was a massive filler chapter BUT you guys are getting to know Saylor <3 She's going to get more interesting in the next few chapters I swear!