3: The Morning After

Trevor POV

I wake up on Peter's couch at around 7 in the morning, so everyone is definitely still asleep. Thankfully, I didn't drink last night, but I do wake up really thirsty. I go upstairs to the kitchen and see the blonde girl from last night who was practically dragged out of the bathroom by her friend. She has a bottle of Advil next to her and a glass of water. I notice she is standing next to the toaster, so she is probably making toast to treat her hangover. I decide to say something to her, so I just say, "Hey, I never got your name last night."

She jumps, not knowing I had entered the kitchen. She looks at me for a second, before her cheeks turn pink.

"I am so embarrassed. I didn't mean to get that bad last night," she says, then continues, "I'm Saylor Mitchell, Britt's best friend."

Saylor POV

I stand in the kitchen waiting for my bread to toast after waking up to a hangover-puke. I am scrolling through Instagram when someone speaks up behind me, saying, "Hey, I never got your name last night."

I practically jump out of my skin. I turn around to see one of Peter's cute hockey friends standing in the kitchen. I then get flashbacks from the night before: Peter whispering to him about me, me holding him up from going to the bathroom. I feel my cheeks heat up with embarrassment at the thought.
"I am so embarrassed. I didn't mean to get that bad last night," I say, following it up with, "I'm Saylor Mitchell, Britt's best friend."

The boy nods. He speaks up once again, asking, "So did your TikTok turn out alright last night?"
I laugh and shake my head at his silly question. I was drunk; of course it came out horribly. Then there is a silence. I am waiting for him to tell me his name, but I guess he wants me to ask. After a few moments, I ask, "So who are you? What's your deal?"

The mystery boy chuckles. "My name is Trevor Zegras. I play hockey with Peter," he begins. I nod and then he continues, "I don't know what my deal is. I guess that's sort of a perspective question. It depends on what part of my life you're interested in hearing about."

I smile at him. Then my toast pops up from the toaster. I put it on a plate and sit down at the island in the middle of the kitchen. I look up at him and state, "I want to hear all of it."

For the next two and a half hours, we sit in the kitchen talking, laughing, and getting to know each other. Trevor tells me about his family, his dog, and how he got into hockey. He also tells me about some of his friends who are passed out in the other room. I tell him about the very basic details of my life. I begin by telling him about Britt and Ansley and how close we are. I then go into my stories of cheerleading and dance, both of which I do competitively. I told him that I live with my parents and younger brother, Jason. It then gets quiet again. This quiet is different than it was a few hours ago, though. This is a comfortable silence. I give Trevor a lopsided smile. He smiles back and says, "You're really cute."

I blush lightly and look into his eyes and respond, "You're not too bad yourself Zegras."

Trevor clears his throat before asking me a question, that is put into the form of a statement. He says, "Go on a date with me."

I get up with my plate and glass of water to put into Britt's dishwasher. I shake my head smiling and turn around to face Trevor.

"Not happening Zegras," I say before walking out of the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I kinda like this chapter hehe please leave feedback!!