9: Not a Date

Trevor POV

After the other night with Saylor, I decide to do something nice for her. She should know that not all guys are going to treat her the same way that Tom did. Instead of using mine and Jack's plan as a date idea, I'm just going to use it to cheer her up and see where things go from there. I wanted to pick her up from school, but we have practice immediately after. Lucky for me, Saylor gets out of dance at 6, which gives me about an hour and a half to be ready to pick her up, while still leaving her time to get ready after her rehearsal.

 After practice, I speed home to shower. While I'm getting ready, Jack and Alex are supposed to be setting up my plan. Hopefully they don't mess it up. I take an extra long shower, making sure I get that hockey smell off of me. When I finish, I get out and try to pick out an outfit. I'm not quite fashionable, so I facetime Jack to get his opinion. When the call connects, I quickly explain to Jack that I don't know what to wear. He laughs at me and asks to see the inside of my closet. He tells me to wear blue pants with a button-down shirt and a hoodie. I thank him, hang up, and then get dressed and attempt to fix my hair. I grab my keys and hop into my car, heading over to Saylor's house.

Saylor POV

Saylor POV

I'm walking out of dance rehearsal to the dressing room with Britt and we are talking about school that day. Then she asks, "Say, what are you doing tonight?"

I stop in my tracks, realizing I didn't tell her that I'm hanging out with Trevor tonight. I know she's going to make this a big deal as soon as she hears. "I'm, uh, hanging out with Trevor..." I mumble.

"Oh, are you hanging out with all the guys? Do you want Pete to give you a ride?" Britt asks me. We exit the studio and begin walking to Britt's car. We carpool to dance and it was her turn to drive today.

"I'm actually hanging out with Trevor alone," I say slowly, nervous as to what she's going to say. I look at her and see a huge smile on her face.

"Like a date? Or just hanging out?" Britt asks me. So the interrogation begins.

I pause for a second. I'm honestly not sure. "I'm pretty sure we're just hanging out. He didn't say it's a date," I tell Britt.

She gives me a devilish smile. Lord help me. She then says, "Well since you're 'not sure' if it's a date, we have to treat it like one. So I'm helping you get ready! What time are you leaving?"

We get into her car before I answer her. Once we are settled, I reply, "He's picking me up at seven so we don't have much time."
I swear you'd think someone is murdering her the way she screams. "HE'S PICKING YOU UP?!? SAYLOR MITCHELL THIS IS A DATE!" Britt yells into my face.

"Ok, that's enough. You're gonna freak me out." I say as she pulls out of the spot and heads to my house.

We continue talking about other things on the ride home to get my mind off the whole "is it a date" debacle. We arrive at my house at 6:15, leaving me 45 minutes to get ready. When we get home, I immediately get in the shower while Britt picks out my outfit. I am pretty sure I set a record for the fastest shower because I was out and dressed in the outfit Britt had chosen by 6:30. She decides on a white, distressed, oversized sweater with navy blue stars on it. She pairs it with ripped jeans and white converse. Britt dries and straightens my hair while I do my makeup, in order to speed up the process. While we are getting me ready, we're jamming out to Olivia O'Brien because she's our absolute favorite artist.