Epilogue

It is with my professional opinion that the BAU is a close knit team

     It is with my professional opinion that the BAU is a close knit team. Never before have I seen the amount of camaraderie that they share. Some might call it co-dependency. I call it inspiring. Helen Keller said, "Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." Because they worked together. They saved my life. 

     Mattison Turner was a quiet, sweet girl. She wasn't supposed to be out the night that she was taken, but the other libraries in her neighborhood didn't have the book that she was looking for. Her family said that her presence was always calming, especially to her autistic little sister.

     Charlotte Taylor was, according to her fiancee, a very warm and bubbly person. She was a stay at home mother to two beautiful twin girls. She was abducted while walking her dog. A day later she died.

     Kristy Gonzalez was an aspiring lawyer. Between classes she worked at a cafe. When she had the chance she would go on jogs. She was an active person. The night she was abducted she was out for her nightly run. Her family and friends said that she was always a go-getter.

     Their killer met his end when he tried to kill another girl. In all they found eight phones in his glove compartment. 

     Mattison, Charlotte, and Kristy's phones were all returned to their families and loved ones. They were grateful to have the pictures, videos, and memories returned to them. For them it was as if a small part of their beloved ones lived on. The other phones that were found were identified and given to the family members. They were able to gain closure for their missing loved ones.

     Survivor's guilt can be crippling. Some days I feel the pain of being alive. Why do I deserve to live while the other girls didn't? But I'm not going to throw my life away either. I have found so much to live for.

     The BAU team is like a family and they've invited me into their fold. At the head is their Unit Chief. Strong and serious, though he may be at times, he does carry a strong empathy and worry for the members of his team. 

     "Just finished up the report on the Zaxs case." JJ said striding into Hotch's office and setting the files on his desk.

     "Thanks, JJ."

     The Communications Liaison for the team watches after her co-workers as if they were her own children or siblings. One of the SSA agents within the BAU is always willing to lend an ear and advice if the others need the insight to a personal situation. Although he's old fashioned, he is without a doubt, one of the most generous people I've met.

     Ashley glanced over amused at the books Dave had signed and given her. She had already read three during her various lunch breaks and kept them all as decoration in her cubicle.