one

i

i. CHAOS CONSUMES

JULIET CAPULET SAW NOTHING WRONG WITH A LITTLE BIT OF CHAOS. She rejoiced in it, in fact. The feeling of adrenalin that ran through her veins and left her breathless, craving for more; it was exhilarating. In chaos she could thrive, she was able of letting her hair down and smiling up at the world. Chaos was everything Juliet wished she was.

However, Juliet was not chaos. In fact, Juliet was the complete opposite of chaos. She folded her clothes in neat piles every time she had to pack her suitcase - which she did at least two nights before so she'd be prepared and be able to check around for anything she might have missed. Her wardrobe at home was neatly organised in the direction of the rainbow, with the whites and blacks to the left in gradient order. Her books were ordered in alphabetical order based on the author and she managed her make-up by type then colour and then brand.

Juliet Capulet was not chaos. But she loved it, and any chance she got she'd suffocate in it.

However, Juliet Capulet was not allowed to suffocate in it, she was not allowed to even embrace it. This was simply because her parents did not like chaos at all. They couldn't stand it and they would never even dream of living in it of any sort, and, like Juliet, they lived a very organised life.

Their dinner was made every day to be ready for 7 O'Clock - they'd accept it being a few minutes late but no more than five - and they had to be in bed by 10 O'Clock exactly. Their lives were controlled by a precise, down-to-the-second schedule that Juliet could not stand but could not break out of.

She tried her first year at Hogwarts by going to bed at 11 O'Clock and eating her meal at 8 O'Clock but then she found herself stuck in the same routine only an hour later. It was as if her mind was on a loop, like a broken record - a record that Juliet would never be allowed to own due to loud, boisterous music breaking any sense of serenity her parents would ever know and cursing chaos upon their household.

It was safe to say, Juliet took after her parents - willingly or not.

On the opposite end of the spectrum were four very seperate people that somehow came together brilliantly. They were remarkable apart, of course, and each one of them held their own life and personality in their hands but together, they were something more. They weren't just four friends living their teenage years in the same school and dorm, no, they were more.

They were like brothers; they were brothers. Each one of them held a different aspect from the next that seemed to clash so horribly on paper but worked together so fittingly it was like they were made for each other.

Juliet admired them for that. Not that she didn't appreciate her friends and love them with all of her heart, but the marauders had something between them that no other friendship group could hope to match. Their union was woven into the stars and left everyone watching it breathless.

Their friendship was built on chaos. From the moment they met in their dorm, jokes, laughs, pranks and chaos ensued. It was as if the Gods made them as one and split them into four with the sole purpose of meeting. They were Hogwart's pride and joy, while also being their greatest pain in the ass.

However, there were a few people in the building who disagreed with Juliet's admiration: a select number of Slytherins, victims of pranks and the very three people that Juliet chose to befriend.

It was a hard task to decide who hated the four boys - later naming themselves the marauders - more. On one hand, the Slytherins hated them so much they felt they could gladly kill them, some going as far as to try in their later years and mainly fail; on the other hand, Juliet's friends refused to even acknowledge the boys or look in their direction at times, only glaring at their so-called 'arrogant' forms and 'despicable, evil, downright mean and cruel' pranks.

So it was hard for the population of Hogwarts to tell.

In many eyes, Juliet couldn't have chosen worse friends to have - they disagree with practically everything she thinks - but in Juliet's eyes, they're the best friends one could ask for.

One of the first friends she ever made was Jennifer Marshall. They shared a compartment on the way to the school, both of them talking the whole way on what house they felt they would get into and what the school would be like. They got along rather well and both stayed talking to one another in the lessons they shared even after being placed in different houses - Jennifer ended up joining Hufflepuff while Juliet herself went into Gryffindor.

Their friendship only strengthened when Jennifer added a third to their duo: Rebecca Gibson, a Ravenclaw who accidentally spilled their potion on her partner, Jennifer, while being distracted by a conversation the table behind them were having. Professor Slughorn told them both to go down to the hospital wing and, on the way, Rebecca retold every detail of the gossip she collected that got them both into the situation they were in at the moment.

Jennifer pushed her into the two's friendship after finding out that Rebecca had made no friends so far - she claimed she didn't need any and that she didn't want to intrude on them but quickly warmed up to the idea after Juliet gave her the last blueberry muffin that they both desperately wanted. If Juliet knew anything, it was that food was always the answer.

From there the three flourished, always having one or the other to talk to in nearly all of their lessons and spending every ounce of free time they had together. They arranged a schedule for sleepovers that would rotate between the three dorms - Juliet organised it after the impulsiveness and not knowing where she would be made her feel sick. Saturday afternoons were spent with the three helping each other with homework from their classes wherever they decided would be the best place to not get distracted - mainly where the marauders were not, so the library quickly became a frequent spot for them.

And the trio saw nothing missing from their lives. Over their first summer break they all met up at their different houses on numerous occasions, excluding Juliet's who thought it would be best to keep her friends from meeting the intense lives of her parents.

However, even though they couldn't ask for more, none of them were opposed to the introduction of Anna Miller. She was a sarcastic, shy Slytherin that took a while to fully open up to the three grinning girls but when she did, she would never regret it again. And although they all were the closest of friends, they seemed to always pair up with the same people whenever in a group.

Juliet and Anna found themselves holding the most in common with one another - they both lived through thought and intricate decisions, while Rebecca and Jennifer rushed into everything and laughed at whatever the outcome was. It was clear that, even though Jennifer and Juliet held the longest relationship, it did not transfer to the closest.

One thing they all - or at least thought - they had in common was their hate for the marauders. Juliet couldn't pinpoint an exact point in time where it was properly established but throughout their relationship, the two groups did not get along. She couldn't remember whether there was a specific prank that sparked the feud or if it was simply a glaring look from both parties that caused an instant tornado of hate to form between them.

Whatever it was, it was safe to say that at the end of their second year, the whole school knew of their profound hateful bond.