nine

ix

ix. MIDNIGHT DILEMMAS

JENNIFER WAS GOING TO KICK HER ASS. Juliet knew this for a fact but, in all fairness, she was the only person that took Magical Creatures with her and she was actually good at it so there wasn't a lot else that Juliet could do. Obviously, she could've chosen a better time but she was desperate - and slightly delusional from minimal sleep so in all actuality, she shouldn't be blamed for her actions.

There was only one thought going through her head at the current moment and that was 'shit.'

This thought only increased in volume when Jennifer Marshall stomped into the kitchens at 12am with a seriously pissed off look on her face. She was in her pyjamas and bunny slippers and if she weren't so angry at her, the blonde would've laughed but something told her it wouldn't have led to a pleasant experience. So she didn't and instead watched as her friend glared her way through the kitchen, politely stopping to ask for a cup of hot chocolate from one of the house elves, before continuing with her war path.

Juliet expected this reaction, she knew that - like her - Jennifer did not like to be disturbed from her schedule and did not like to stay up past midnight for any reason, mainly the fact that she was a morning person who woke and slept with the sun. She watched as her friend's rampage stopped next to her, the brunette sitting down and letting out a huff while crossing her arms, graciously accepting the hot mug when it was offered to her with a thank you.

The two stayed silent for a moment, Juliet waiting for the hot chocolate to kick in and allow her friend to no longer feel the effects of the night weighing on her while Jennifer tried to drink as much as possible, even though it was slightly scolding her tongue. Once she had sipped enough for her eyes to stop stinging and her mind to be awake past anger, she turned to the girl next to her, "why are we here?"

"I need your help."

Jennifer could see the desperation on her friend's face and let out a sigh, softening her expression, "with what?"

"Care of Magical Creatures." Juliet's answer caused the girl to furrow her brows in confusion; she remembered many lessons - nearly all of them - where she would be saved from a gruesome injury by her friend swooping in at the last minute and showing her how to properly treat the animals. Juliet had saved her ass more times than she'd like to admit.

"You're better than me in that subject." She was better than basically everyone in that subject.

Juliet crossed her arms and grumbled, "not with the writing I'm not." She wasn't proud of her inability to do something so simple, all she needed to do was write down exactly what she did effortlessly but there were numerous times where the girl would be staring down at the paper struggling to get any words out.

"You want me to write for you?"

Juliet shook her head, "no, well-" she stopped herself, thinking it over - it would be a lot easier than having to learn anything herself but then she thought of the hassle it would take to ensure no one caught her cheating and immediately decided against it, "no. I don't want you to write for me, I want you to teach me how to write better."