four

iv

iv. RUDE AWAKENINGS

AFTER ALL THE PLATES WERE CLEARED AND EVERYONE IN THE GREAT HALL WAS OFFICIALLY FULL, Dumbledore made one last speech before allowing the students to head to their dorms to rest. Juliet was already halfway out the door when he said goodnight, she was eager to just get back into her dorm and sleep. God knows she missed the freedom that Hogwarts brought her, and she certainly missed how comfortable the dorm beds were.

However, while she only had thoughts of how long she'd sleep and how nice it'd feel, someone had other plans. A hand wrapped around her arm and pulled her into a nearby empty classroom where someone surely wouldn't hear her screams. Immediately Juliet went into fight mode - if she was about to be murdered she was sure going to make sure their job was as difficult as it could be - but stopped herself from attacking her kidnapper at the sight of their familiar brown hair.

A sigh of relief left her lips and she placed a hand on her chest to steady her pumping heart while glaring at Jennifer Marshall, "are you trying to give me a heart attack?!"

Although she felt her voice sounded quite menacing, Jen ignored her. Instead she took to staring out of the door with her hands ready to pounce. With a huff and roll of her eyes, Juliet decided to sit down on a nearby table figuring if she was going to wait, she may as well be comfortable while doing so.

Only a few seconds later was a surprised yelp leaving someone else's mouth as they were also suddenly pulled into the classroom. Anna Miller stared wide-eyed at Juliet, who just shrugged and patted the seat next to her. She sat next to her friend, crossing her arms and muttering, "could've just called my name or something."

The girl sat next to her rested her head on Anna's shoulder, a yawn leaving her lips causing her headrest to yawn in return, "oh I see, you just wanted me to sit here so I could be your personal pillow. You just wanted to use me."

A smile appeared on Juliet's face as she tiredly murmured, "what else are you good for?"

Anna looked down in concern at her blonde haired friend. She'd never seen Juliet this tired after the feast before, usually she'd be smiling and laughing with someone or just excited to lie down in her bed again but now she could barely keep her eyes open for more than five seconds, "did you not get much sleep last night?"

A snort left Juliet's lips, "how could I when my mum and her friend wouldn't shut up? I swear, she chooses the absolute worst times to be social."

She felt a sympathetic pat on her shoulders before her head shot up at the door opening, thinking they were finally able to get this over with. But upon looking up she saw an unfamiliar face staring back at her. It appeared that Jennifer had simply grabbed anyone short with platnium hair and dragged them inside the classroom, not caring to check if it was actually their friend.