three

iii

iii. OPERATION: OBSERVATION

THE FOUR, NOW DRY, friends entered the Great Hall together only to part their seperate ways. While Rebecca and Anna headed left, Jennifer and Juliet continued right, all going to their respective tables donned in their respective house colours. Of course the four friends would've liked to be together but it was where the hat thought they would strive in and you can't argue with that.

It was just unfortunate that the same house that Juliet called hers, also was home to four boisterous boys with a sudden interest in her. The same boys that decided to move down the table to where she had sat herself so both parties would be able to hear if the other spoke.

Unbeknowest to the boys, they were not the only ones with a plan up their sleeve, although Juliet hardly called it a plan and would rather not refer to it as anything other than her being mildly annoyed at Sirius Black for causing a full blown interrogation to take place inside her compartment.

The five sat in a semi-awkward silence until Professor McGongall marched past with the trailing first years that blocked two of Juliet's three friend from view, and left the marauders to turn to her with only one of her friends to worry about potentially hurting them.

Juliet didn't move, instead trying to focus on the hat's opening song but that came incredibly hard when someone rather close to her began to whisper her name harsher and harsher until she turned her head. She looked over at the marauders with an expectant and fed-up look on her face, instantly making Peter and Sirius shy away. None of them spoke for a second before James mustered up the courage and offered a weak, "hey Capulet."

"Hi?" She expected more of a conversation from the boys that never seemed to shut up but right then it was as if someone had chopped off their tongues. She began to wonder if they had planned something as a grand gesture of their return and made a mental note to not touch any of the food around until they had, "what do you want?"

An amused voice spoke opposite her, turning her head towards Remus who had gathered another scar over the summer, "why would you assume we want anything?" Although she had spoke to him on several occasions involving notes and homework that he had missed, she still couldn't understand why he never spoke more; out of all his friends, she found he had the nicest voice and he was definitely less annoying than James and Sirius.

"Because you're talking to me," while Remus gave a small chuckle and grin to her response Sirius decided to show his dramatics and placed a hand on his chest with an offended gasp. He was ignored by everyone as Juliet continued, "and you guys never talk to me."

"That's fair." Peter shrugged.

"What can we say? New year, new us." A series of confused glances were shot his way as Remus let James know of the current month, "it's a new school year, is it not? Isn't that enough for you people?" Peter gently patted him on the back while Remus rolled his eyes and Sirius continued with his theatrics.