-Chapter 10-

"Mikos sit still." Mikos wiggled around in the back seat as the family drove to Marcie's birthday party. 

"But mommy, do you think there's gonna be cake? will there be games? I've never gone to a birthday party before."

"I'm positive there will be cake and we'll find out when we get there." Zora smiled warmly at Mikos.

"Ok, my love we are here." Stefano pulled up to a large house. The front had large statues and there we're balloons leading to the backyard.

"Okay." Zora breathed in and out, she felt the confidence building in her. She put on lip gloss in a handheld mirror and flipped her hair.

"Alright, let's go." Zora got out of the car and opened the back seat to pull out Eli. Eli babbled at Zora and touched her hair giggling. 

"Hello my sweet boy, Mikos baby, are you ready." Mikos and Stefano came around the car holding hands.

"Yes Mommy." The family walked in with Mikos in between his parents holding there hands and Zora held Eli on her hip. 

"You nervous?" Stefano asked smirking in Zora's ear.

"Never, my love." Zora plastered on a smile prepared to go into the backyard. They walked in and Zora took in the balloons, lights, and smell of delicious food. 

"STEFANO!" Zora was brought back to life by a loud women's voice. A blur of dark curly hair embraced Stefano.

"Ciao Mamma." Stefano grimaced and patted the women on her back. 

"And who is this?" The women, Stefano's mother, turned to Zora.

"I am Zora, Stefano's girlfriend." Zora smiled and hugged Eli closer to her body. Something about the women set her off.

"Oh, Stefano you did not tell me you had a girlfriend. I am his mother, Lucille." 

"Nice to meet you." Zora nodded.

"These of course are my Nipotes." Lucille pinched Mikos cheek which made him hide behind Stefano.  She turned to Eli but Zora pulled him closer and gave a polite smile.

"Mamma, leave them alone." Lucia shooed the woman away and gave Zora a hug.

"Zora, I'm so glad you came. Stefano, looking brooding as ever." Lucia smiled at Zora.

"Of course, thanks for having us. Mikos is very excited." Zora laughed embarrassing Mikos.

"Mommyyy." Mikos pulled on her dress whining.

"Oh Mikos, I'm sure my Marcie would love to play, her and the others are playing with bubbles, why don't you go join them." Mikos looked to his parents, who both smiled, then ran off.

"Now, off you go Stefano, Zora and I are going to meet the ladies." Stefano chuckled. He then kissed Zora and rubbed Eli's head affectionately. He walked off towards a group of men who all watched the scene.

"Zora, you look lovely, how's baby Eli?" 

"He's great." Zora looked around at all the people, noticing they were all Italian. 

"Ok, so before we go, that's Marie," Lucia pointed to a pointy face women with a mole on her upper lip," she's a total gossip, she's like the Regina George of Italian wives in our family, those are her minions, Laura and Alda, but I call them Tweedledee dumb and Tweedledee dumber," she pointed to two women with very similar features who had definitely undergone some boob procedures.

"Not many like then, however they are married to Micheal Sarrano, Angelo Manno, and Marco Guiseppe, they are all in business with Stefano." Zora took notice of the men around Stefano and noticed the guns at there waists.