one

"I want to have your baby!"

Out of all the things that he had hoped to hear tonight, never in his wildest dreams did Hammad ever think he'll be subjected to THIS!

It being his wedding night, the various conversations he had hoped to have were somewhere along the lines of,

" you take the bed and I'll be alright on the couch."

" You can change in the dressing room and I'll do it in the bathroom".

But being propositioned by his wife of a few hours with something so scandalous, was not one of them.

He had seen her once and had said yes to the proposal. There wasn't a reason to say otherwise. She is smart, educated, belonged to a good and honorable family and is outrageously beautiful. Only a fool would reject her. And he wasn't one.

But the amount of words they had exchanged were close to zero if you don't count the Qubool hai.

Which is why he was shocked beyond his senses as to why his seemingly meek and innocent wife was suddenly so interested in fulfilling her marital duties without having spoken so much as a single syllable.

But what he didn't know was that Eshal had gone ahead and promptly fallen in love with him in the last half an hour.

Coming from an educated background and having strong traditional and cultural roots, she had been granted freedom in all her life choices.

Eshal had left this one on to her parents. She had full faith in them that they'll not get her married to the court jester.

She never hoped for a prince charming and was resigned to the fact that the royal accountant was also worth matrimony, so to speak.

So when her parents had informed her of this alliance and assured her of all that's good in Hammad and his clan; she had said yes. She had been blessed with the King. And he will be treated like one.

She wanted to make this halal before taking a step further. Reason why the lack of communication between the two.

She went ahead and married him.
Him, who was 7 years older than she is.
Him, who is the first child of the Khan clan.
Him, who takes the word responsibility too seriously.
Him, who loves to shoulder the weight of the world.
Him, who has achieved a lot in his little time on Earth.
Him, who still is a Mama's boy.
But most importantly, Him, who she loves irrevocably.

And how did she achieve this feat?
Well for starters, his sister and cousins talk a lot. A lot. And also she went snooping around his room.

The room which was adorned with all the framed visual memories of his life. The past half an hour that she was supposed to sit and wait for her husband (husband! that has a nice ring to it); she went ahead and had a peek in his heart. And now she wanted one thing and one thing only, HIS BABY!

Hammad was flummoxed as to what is to be done now. He had always wanted to know his spouse before indulging into the carnal pleasures of the flesh.

But what did he know!
His wife was a hoor from jannah and only a fool denies such a request. And he was not one.

They had their whole life Inshallah to converse on mundane topics, but as of now; first things first he was going to implement on the age old adage, 'happy wife, happy life!'

They lay there panting for breath with sated minds. Not an ounce of awkwardness in the air.

" Wow! Are you sure that was your first time?" This surprisingly came from Hammad who had not been articulate till now ( except for all the grunts of appraisal!)

"  Well as wanton as I behaved tonight, I'm not so charitable with my affections and I didn't go around painting the town red with my sordid escapades!"

" The what of the what pades?"

"Ya Allah! Just a beautiful face? Am I supposed to spend my life with a male bimbo? Well since I deemed him worthy enough to surrender my virtue, I'll have to make do with Ken here."

"Who's Ken?" His voice boomed inside the now uncharacteristically quiet room.

"Nothing so far is opposing my deduction, Kenny boy!"Eshal murmured to herself.

Realization dawned on him and he gave her a sheepish grin, "well,that makes you my Barbie!"

"Yes. I'm a Barbie who's a cross between a marine biologist and a neurosurgeon. I perform brain surgery on whales!" She huffed out a reply and also did the most mature thing to prove her point. She scrunched up her nose and stuck out her tongue at him.

And that's when she heard what will be her most favorite sound in the world hereafter. He roared out a thunderous laugh.

Nothing about him was ordinary. He was larger than life. And she was all ready to be encompassed by his persona.

He hugged her close to his heart and sent a prayer upwards thanking his Lord for writing her name alongside him all those fifty thousand years ago. Alhamdulillah.

That little gesture got her all teared up and she looked into his eyes and said the words that would seal their fate and forever bind them in the world and Inshallah in jannah.

"I love you, Hammad." And with a cheeky smile she added, "now get down to business Mr Husband. We have a lineage to continue."

And only fools deny such a request.
And he was not one.