epilogue

The wedding industry is a billion dollar scam!
The lights and food alone cost in millions and don't even get me started on the venue and flowers and jewellery and what not.

Alhamdulillah, money was and inshallah never will be an issue for the Khans and Hamdaanis. It was the wedding of the eldest son of the Hamdaani family and the only daughter of the Khans. It was set to be extravagant!

Musa and Hania being the kind hearted people that they are had decided upon one thing, a decision neither of the families had any mind to deny.

They wanted to donate an equal amount of money that was spent on their wedding to the charities supported by them, including the Raazdaani Heritage Orphanage.

It was two years after their engagement that Musa decided he was finally well settled in his life and financially secured enough to support his wife with a lifestyle she deserves. He wanted to take responsibility of his precious little wife right from her university fees to the odd icecream and pizza that she eats.

Hania had just turned 19 and was in first year at the University. She didn't want to venture into the cutthroat business aspect of the family. She'd rather join Aamaal, Faiqa and Duaa her mother in law in their business. She loved the event management company and also the fact that it was solely women based.

She had taken up Culinary Arts and Baking as her major all the while minoring in accounting and book keeping and public relations.

She wanted to expand the business into the catering services. They had been outsourcing till now. This would provide an opportunity to more women to be financially independent.

Hammad sat in his balcony overlooking the wide expanse of their estate, all of which had been earmarked with beautiful memories of him and his siblings while growing up.

His sister being the youngest and having been born after lots of mannats was the most pampered and obviously spoiled. He still hasn't come to terms with her impending departure to her own house, this time tomorrow.

The tears made their way down without his knowledge. He was brought back to the land of the living by the movement on his chest and he was immediately alert. His son was sleeping in his arms, where he always insisted on sleeping. His baby boy Hanzal.

Eshal couldn't help but feel her husband's pain seeing him so distressed over Hania's rukhsathi. Today was her mehendi- the last pre wedding function and tomorrow morning she'd be a married woman.

She went to get their son from his arms, feeling the need to comfort him. As tough as he is to the world outside, he's a big old softie at heart.

Mihran had already dozed off in Haadi Bhai's room during the function. She had just adjusted him on the bed and looked for her other two men.

" Let me just put him to bed and I'll be right back, okay?" Hammad nodded his head and rolled his head back on the love seat. Eshal bent down to pick her son and kissed her husband's lips, surprising him. This brought on a little smile on his face and he eagerly awaited her return.

Having put up pillow barriers around her babies, she kissed them both on their little heads and recited some duas blowing it over.

Dimming the lights, she stepped out into the balcony. It was a balmy wintery night, quite peculiar to mid November.

She went and sat down in her husband's lap and snuggled close to his warmth. Hammad put his arms around her slightly bulged out belly, kissed her hair, and let out a long sigh.

"You do remember she's going to my parent's house and she'd be loved like a daughter, right?" Eshal opened up a few buttons of his white kurta and rubbed his chest through the gap. This calmed him to no end. His wife was his soul soother.