four

It was yet another day in the Khan household. His parents were away on a trip and his siblings busy with college.
He came back home midmorning just to check up on his wife. The little minx would be somewhere holed up in a corner with a book. With her big dorky glasses and a propensity to forget the world around her, he's sure going to have some fun at her expense.

He found her in the balcony attached to their room. And how right was he! There she was, laying on her stomach on the love seat he had placed for her with a book in hand.
But that's not what caught his attention. The big T-shirt, that he could bet his life on, was stolen from his side of the closet; was riding up her back and the minx had nothing but some skimpy shorts on.The relaxed nature of her dressing owing to the absence of people in the house.

He loosened his tie and sat down beside her. She still hasn't noticed him. And the first thing he did was grab a handful of that delectable sweet little behind of hers and gave it a firm squeeze. That caught her attention. And instead of a shocked outburst she moaned. She knew her husband's tendency by now. He loved to sneak up on her and grab her somewhere scandalous. Was she complaining? Absolutely not!
She got up and straddled him and gave him a little motivation to further his advances. He need not be told twice. With a wife like his, who even wants to be a saint? Not him.

That evening when he was lazing around on his bed she came and took her previous position. She loved to sit in his lap. And he lived to make sure she's happy and sated. Both in and out of bed.
She just sat there and purred like a well rested kitten.

"So is this how we're having conversations from now on? I don't mind it one bit."
"Me too!"
"Of course you don't. You can't seem to get enough of your hunky male specimen of a husband, now can you?"
This made her giggle and she looked down blushing, "you were eavesdropping?"

"It's not eavesdropping if one: the person is my wife, two: she's having a conversation with her self and three: she knew I was listening in on her talks! So where do you get off being so righteous?"

She didn't dignify his question with an answer just hid her face in him. He roared out that laugh that she loved so much. She lived for this.

It was a few days later that Hammad found a letter addressed to him. It looked printed on their official letterhead.
It read

Dear Mr Khan,
Owing to your overcompetitive streak and your over eagerness to always fulfill what your wife demands of you, you're now being shouldered with extra responsibility. You'd love it won't you? More work to do. Yay!
The global population explosion is about to have an increment , all thanks to you.

Yours truly,
An impatient wife!

Still not able to fully comprehend the meaning of this cryptic message he went in search of the minx.
There she was, standing in the balcony giving him a huge watt smile.
But seeing his grim face her countenance drops.

" I know I've been demanding this of you since the first day, but you never confirmed your desire for the same. Your happiness matters the most to me. So if you are not ready to be a father, we can abort..."
She wasn't able to complete her sentence. Because he had a placed his hand on her lips.

He fell down in front of her and hugged her waist. The next thing he did, removed all the doubts if any were left, of his acceptance.

" Baba loves you so much mere jigar ka tukda!"
He placed his lips over hers and set a punishing pace, for even thinking that he won't want what is Allah's biggest blessing in his life after her.
"I must be doing something wrong if my wife thinks I'm not capable of loving something that's a part of us. When I'm so obviously and irrevocably in love with it's mother!"

This earned Hammad a gasp from from Eshal and try as she may the waterworks won't stop!
He tried all to console her but when everything else failed, he did what he always does. He gathered her close to his heart and let her cry it out. It was all too much for her to take it in at once.

"I'm in love with you sweetheart, have been since the moment you said you wanted to have my baby. How could I not? You left me defenseless against your heart. Didn't know it would take a moment like this where we have managed to turn something so happy into a crying session to tell you that."

And like she always does, she looked up into his eyes with her tear laden ones and once again declared her love for him just like on their first night, "I love you, Hammad."
And then went on to wipe her nose on his shirt, " real sexy Mrs Hammad. This is your undeniable charm!" He teased her.
He squeezed her to himself muttering a silent prayer of gratitude, " my jaan and jigar ka tukda. All mine."