two

The next morning Eshal came out of the bathroom, wiping her hair. The sight before her had her swooning.
"Masha Allah! I've been blessed with the most handsome husband in the world." Hammad, who was setting his hair had the audacity to blush.
That's right, he went ahead and blushed! So much for being an equal if not the more dominant partaker in the sinfully pleasurable nocturnal activities.

But then he stood there confused seeing the bevy of emotions passing through his wife's face. It ranged from regret to disdain and finally settled on furious rage!
Whatever happened in the span of ten seconds.
"Eshal, what's wrong?" He asked making way towards her person.
"Nothing".
"What is it sweetheart? Is it me? Did I do something?"

She looked up into his eyes and said something he didn't expect.
"I regret not listening to mama. She told me to pack my bags carefully and look what I did. I forgot my cricket bat."
Rubbing her arms, he asked her confused," you want to play cricket? now?"

Sighing she said, "No. Its just that you look too good. So good that you should stay home if you don't want to bail me out of jail"
"What?"
"Yes, when you go out looking so extra delicious, all the female population will take it upon themselves to feast their eyes on you. As if you're theirs to do that. You aren't theirs. You're mine. How dare they even think to eye you. I'll bludgeon them with my cricket bat." She finally spewed out bitterly.

The next thing he did, cemented his position in her heart all the more.
"Hadi has a baseball bat. Will that do?"
Instead of calling her cuckoo and a psychopath he's giving her alternatives. Her face brightened up listening to that and that earned him a well deserved kiss. Well, he'll raise bloody hell alongside her if she gives rewards like these!

"Okay! Now let's go down. I'm starving. I wonder what we did to have our stomachs growling as such!" She asked slyly giving him a side glance. And before he could comprehend the hidden meaning behind her words, she escaped.
"Eshaalll...wait till I get my hands on you, you minx."

Running downstairs he saw what he had previously deemed impossible without him intervening.
His siblings, the snobs that they are; didn't warm up to people. At all.
And what does he see but his sister glued to his wife's side and his brother giving her his juice. His juice! He had once had his face beaten to a pulp just because he had popped a piece of chicken off of Hadi's plate. A small little piece. And here his wife was stealing food from him and still had her limbs intact. What kind of witchery is this?
Shaking his head he approached his mother. He needed sustenance and no one was keen on providing it to him, least of all his wife. He'd appeal to the better nature of his Mama.
Breakfast was a lively affair. And as soon as they began to leave the table, his wife did the unthinkable.
"Hadi Bhai, would you please lend me your baseball bat? I need it to protect my treasure!" It was followed by her blinking her big grey eyes with tears almost spilling out. He'd give her his life if she asked him like this. And Hadi was none the better.

"I have two, bhabhi. You can take them both. Got a nice swing to them. Hits very hard."
The surprise came in the form of his sister Hania.
"Bhabhi, I have a hockey stick. Do you want that as well?"
Well, what do you know. His wife was a Witch.

The kind of sorcery she practiced he didn't ever want to be rescued from it's clutches!