Chapter 59

Phoebe felt a sense of happiness knowing that her brother and his companion was present. She presented them with the best guest room in all of the manor. After spending some time with the two, she headed off to bed to get some rest. That left the two men alone in the bedroom to get into a ton of mischief. Young Samuel was especially anxious to be in the arms of his love once again.

In the guest room Samuel and Jacob shared, they prepared for bed. Both of them were in their billowing white shirts and loose breeches. Jacob was already in bed, reading a book that he'd taken on the trip with him. Samuel rushed over to him and jumped into bed with excitement. Jacob set aside his book and held the boy in his arms, kissing him.

"Have you enjoyed your time here?" Samuel asked as he laid wrapped in the arms of his lover.

"Very much." Jacob answered. "The stout here is to die for. And hunting on these grounds is exquisite."

"I'm glad you're enjoying my sister's manor." Samuel smiled with his head against Jacob's chest. "It seems like you've enjoyed everything here all day, except me."

"Before I devour you, allow me to ask one thing." Jacob stopped Samuel before he pounced further on top of him. "Did you see the negro the stable boy constantly depicted in his art?"

"Why, yes." Samuel sat up off of Jacob, sitting next to him on the bed. "I hardly thought anything of it. Many servants and slaves find themselves in relations."

"How about a master and a slave? Do you think miscegenation takes place here?" Jacob asked. Samuel looked confused by his questions. "Oh come on, Samuel. I'm only carrying on a conversation. You know I have no right to judge who one loves."

"Absolutely. But the master you speak of is my sister's husband. If such relations took place here it would certainly mean he is an adulterer." Samuel pointed out. "Thomas is the kindest man I've ever known."

"The kindest?" Jacob laughed. "Why don't you just tear my heart out, why don't you?"

Samuel leaned forward with his chest down and his backside up like a cat on a prowl. His hands clawed into Jacob's chest. "You are the only man I've ever known. And for that I am glad. But when it comes to mere friendliness, I do not think one as smug as you can compare to Thomas."

"I guess that is fair." Jacob said light heartedly as he took one of Samuel's hands and pressed it against his own cheek. Samuel was ready to continue with their display of affection, but Jacob decided to drag on the discussion of Thomas. "It's just that when I saw that negro in the foyer today, she was enchanting."

"What negro in the foyer?" Samuel groaned as he collapsed his body flatly against the mattress, then returned to his position of his head being on Jacob's chest. "I do not know why you are so concerned with negros at this moment!"

"Says an abolitionist." Jacob swatted Samuel's backside. "Come on, did you not notice such a beauty? With the hair that rose to the heavens and the skin smoother than that of dark honey?"

"You speak of her as if you are attracted to her.  I didn't know you experienced attraction for anyone without a prick." Samuel kicked a foot up in the air with a smile. "But I assume I saw such a girl. What about her?"

"I suspect Thomas is having relations with her." Jacob suggested. Samuel lifted his head from Jacob's chest to look up at his face.

When he realized Jacob was being serious, he sat up all together. "You cannot be serious."

"But serious I am." Jacob insisted. "Have you not found it interesting how when we arrived the girl and Thomas were in the library all to their lonesome?"

"Because sadly she is a slave. I'm sure she had purpose in being there." Samuel answered.

"She had no purpose. Did you notice her hands? Well of course not. You hardly notice anything. That is why you had such troubles during our teaching lessons." Jacob huffed. "If you had paid attention, you'd notice the negro had no visible scars on her body. And her hands were soft, meaning she's avoided the labor that would cause the caking of her palms."

"So she is a house slave." Samuel answered. "She simply does domestic work."

"And don't you find it strange that her garments were seemingly far more luxurious as compared to other slaves?" Jacob asked.

"Maybe such garments were gifted to her." Samuel dismissed Jacob's suspicion.

"Who would be so kind to gift such luxuries other than a lover?" Jacob refuses to let the subject rest.

"Must you try to condemn my sister's happiness? She has been betrothed to Mr. Phillips for many years! He has not shown himself to be unfaithful." Samuel stood up for Thomas, unknowing of Thomas' affair.

"If you insist not knowing of an incident means it didn't happen, then I assume I taught you nothing. All of my teachings of philosophy, stoicism. And still you mutter in the most desperate of ways." Jacob expressed his disapproval of Samuel's immaturity.

"All I asked was that you give me the affection I seek." Samuel flung a leg over Jacob as he straddled his lap. Then, he moved his loose shirt over his body slowly, revealing inch by inch of his stomach and chest. It was painfully slow, causing Jacob to grab the shirt and take it off quickly.

The blonde haired boy mounted on Jacob laughed as he was bombarded with kisses. The lit fireplace crackled beside them as they exchanged displays of affection. Kissing, nibbling, caressing was done throughout the night. Until finally the next morning, two naked bodies lay wrapped in the delicate linens of the bed. Streams of light fell in on the two men while they lay together. The sweet smell of love filled the room as they enjoyed one another.