여덟

I wake up in warm arms. My head is buried in Namjoon's chest and my heart tingles. I wish every morning could be like this. I analyze his face and memorize his features. I can't stress how perfect he is, no matter what angle or what direction the light shines. He's the one red rose in a dead field.

"Goodmorning," he says. I'm startled by his morning voice. "How long were you gonna stare?" Namjoon asked. "Umm...let's just say a while," his morning voice is to die for.

He pulls me closer and closes his eyes, "wanna make some pancakes?" I ask. He hums and gives my cheek a peck "yeah."

Sat on the floor in front of my living room table because I don't want syrup on my couch, me and Namjoon are watching tv. Some American show called Riverdale.

His lap is pretty comfy and to be honest, I don't know a single word the show is saying.

A knock echos from the door and a few seconds later, another echos. I get up to check who it is only to regret it immediately after. My eyes widen and I freeze.

"T-Taehyung?"

I can't look anywhere but in front of me. "I missed you, babe," he says sweetly. That burning look is the same. It hasn't softened even now.

I don't answer, my voice is stuck in my throat struggling to leave. "Yoongi, who is it?" Namjoon calls out. Taehyung's face darkens "Who's that?" His voice doesn't try to match his expression. It's a sickly sweet tone.

I hear Namjoon pad his way to the door only to see a panicked boy and his ex. He stands behind me, clearly taller. I grab his shirt for comfort and he grabs my waist.

Taehyung glares at Namjoon and where his hands are, "who's this, yoongi?...already hoeing around I see," he comments. Namjoon's hands tighten "I'm someone better than you could ever be," Namjoon spat.

I gain confidence, "what do you want?" His face ever so slightly softens when he looks at me. It seems like a mask to try and convince me, "I wanted you, but I see you've become a slut." I can't believe him, how dare he come to my house just to insult me! "Taehyung, I don't know what gave you the idea that I want to see you after all you've done to me!" I yelled "but, you've got the nerve, the nerve! To come to my house and insult me!"

Taehyung's face contorts, it's a look I remember clearly. He raises his hand at me "you little bitc-," I got ready for a slap or a punch but instead Namjoon shifts me behind him and stops Taehyung's hand.

I look at what's happening and Namjoon is twisting his arm. Taehyung grunts in pain until Namjoon releases his arm. "What the fuck..?" He holds his arm and glares at namjoon. "Keep the slut, he's not worth fighting for." He says and leaves.

Namjoon turns around and hugs me "are you ok?" His face covered in worry. I nod and bury my head into his chest. I didn't notice I was crying until he lifted my head. "Don't cry baby, you're safe now," he wipes my tears.

His arms feel so much like home. My heart skips more beats than it should. I think...

____________________________
Took so long to write this chap omll