Chapter Six

HEAVEN 

• a place regarded in various religions as the adobe of God and the angels, and of the good after death, often traditionally depicted as being above the sky

The painful headache stayed through the morning, it was extremely hard to even feign paying attention to class when my head felt like it was about to burst. A groan leaves my mouth as I walk through the hallways to the nurse's room. She looked annoyed at the truth, although most of the students here has probably already used this as an excuse to get out of class, she gives me medicine but urges for me to leave, I let out a frustrated sigh. Rebellious kids are ruining my day.

I stop my tracks when I see Jake by the library, right, we still needed to talk about that. I instinctively close my palm, wincing slightly at the pain, it felt even worse at the sensitive skin, like it was constantly being healed yet constantly getting worse at the same time. He wasn't alone, Anne's bubbly figure was talking beside him, he stared but his eyes were out of focus.

It's funny how basic facts that form a friendship were unknown to the both of us but it felt like we'd known each other for years, granted, he's the only person I've given my attention to who wasn't a woman. The differences were drastic, but he was just as likable.

As if a sixth sense, his eyes lands on my frozen figure. I probably looked stupid, I couldn't care less about it though, my head was still throbbing and everything else seemed to be irrelevant, hmmm, maybe this is what a hungover would feel like.

"Aiko" He greets me, a small smile on his face as I awkwardly walked over towards them.

"Are you okay now?" Anne frowned, but more of being bothered than concerned, it was weird seeing her act like this towards me, she was probably talking about something important before my presence was noticed.

"Why? Is there something wrong?"

The tone of his voice makes me blush, I was a teenager after all, who's life revolved around 4 women, socially awkward and dies every night, getting concerns from a man was the last thing I would experience.

Everything was new when it came to Jake, physical attributes weren't left unnoticed, I was fully aware of how handsome he was yet felt comforted by the way he talked but I couldn't brush off when my stomach would feel uneasy when he was around, and that would have been plenty of times by now, but it was better than how I felt when a soul who's out for my doom was in front of me, drastically better.

"Nothing. I just have a headache" This doesn't seem to falter his look of concern.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you about something" he mumbles slowly, cautious about Anne's presence. I always felt guilty somehow when she was around, a lie I've grown accustomed to yet it still managed to make me uneasy when I had to lie in their faces

"Oh. Okay" Anne coughs awkwardly, smiling at the two of us

"Oh! Can I come?" My face drops at her enthusiasm, asking me to a party multiple times was one thing but she seemed genuinely interested with spending time with the two of us. Jake must have noticed this and spoke instead, grabbing my hand with his as I hung my head low, unable to look Anne in the eye, I always hated turning her down.

"I'm really sorry but maybe another time" I could feel her face drop in disappointment but she responds in a perky manner anyway.

"Oh that's okay! I actually wanted to ask you one more thing" she bites her lip in excitement and Jake offers her a smile, motioning for her to ask away

"My friends and I are going to this party...maybe you'd want to come?" Her eyes glistened in anticipation and I hated the knot in my gut, I give Jake a pleading look hoping he would understand, he glances my way and smiles in response