𝕍. 𝕒 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕒𝕤𝕥

↞↠

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

ᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

↞↠

       Kattegat was once a thriving kingdom, with goods and trades to offer, hundreds and thousands of locals buzzling the streets, and smiling faces wherever one may go. However what made Kattegat stand out from the rest was their level of kindness, which Hadley and Corsliss Sarnorin made sure to always stick by. Hadley knew he had to be better than his father, who was nothing short of heartless, barbaric, and hateful. The second Hadley was crowned King, he vowed to himself that no matter how cruel the world may be to him, he would be kind on its behalf. Unfortunately, others saw this as a weakness, a form of mockery against monarchy. A king? Walking through dirt and mud merely to hand an old woman a piece of bread? No matter the spiteful words that taunted him and his wife, they both knew it was right. All was well, until rumors started to fly around of Corsliss' bloodline. Where had she come from exactly? Who were her parents, her family? The woman seemed to have flown out from thin air. 

Who was Corsliss Sarnorin?

       "Uncle please-"

       "You should have known better than to try and disobey me-"

       "I was not trying to do anything-"

       "Do you not understand that I want to protect you-"

       "If you would just let me explain-"

       The two royals abruptly stopped their bickering, physically exhausted from all the yelling and pacing around. The sun, high in the sky, blessed the room with its sunlight. Eleanora sat cross-legged on her bed with Irvin standing tall by the head of her oak canopy bed. The latter watched as Eleanora fiddled with the white bed sheets, not exactly sure how to make her understand the severity of the situation, but she did know. Eleanora knew the horrors that constantly followed her around.

How couldn't she know?

It was what got Hadley, Corsliss, and Isobel taken away.

How couldn't she know?

It was what kept Johnathan and Irvin awake and restless for months on end, with no mother or wife that could rush to their comfort.

How couldn't she know?

It was the sole reason why Eleanora hated whatever was inside her; absolutely despised it, yet the one thing that made her feel closer to her mother.