𝕏𝕍𝕀𝕀𝕀. 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕘𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕝𝕖𝕞𝕒𝕟

↞↠

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱᴏᴍᴇ ɢᴇɴᴛʟᴇᴍᴀɴ

↞↠

Serendipity (n.): the sudden chance to find something good without looking for it

       Geralt was never the type to deliberately search for anything. He took things as they came along no matter the circumstances. It never bothered him, truly. In fact, he was quite content with his way of life: work, coin, sex.

But she changed that. 

She changed all of it.

       He no longer grouchily traveled from town to town alone. He no longer grumbled out profanities at everything. He longer felt the heavyweight on his chest.

       Now he took the time to appreciate all the beautiful things during his journey (not that he'd ever confess that). He now laughed along with his new-found friends, shaking his head playfully at their goofy antics. And that weight on his chest disappeared every time he laid eyes on her.

       So, yes, Geralt was never the type to deliberately search for anything, but he found something. 

Something unexpected. 

Something that was never planned. 

Something...good.

He found Eleanora.

↞↠

       The witcher's eyes scanned the large ballroom in agony at all the women and lords, kings and queens as he walked alongside Jaskier. Geralt attempted to crane his stiff neck but the uncomfortable material of the stuffy clothing Jaskier provided seemed to restrict any movement. His eyes snuck a peek at the large double door, waiting eagerly for someone's presence.

       "Oh, quit your staring." The bard piped up, noticing Geralt's lack of focus. "You can't rush women." This did nothing to calm the white-haired man. Geralt glared daggers at Jaskier, causing the bard to roll his eyes. "Don't get your knickers in a twist. I've arranged a carriage for her. She'll be here soon enough."

"We should have waited for her."

       "I didn't want to be late for my performance." Geralt scoffed angrily at the shorter man's words but chose to say nothing else on the matter. Keeping his head held up high, Jaskier continued on."Right, so stay close to me, look mean and pretend you're a mute. I can't have anyone finding out who you actually are."