𝕏𝕍. 𝕔𝕦𝕣𝕤𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕣𝕘𝕚𝕖𝕤

↞↠

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

ᴄᴜʀꜱᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟᴇʀɢɪᴇꜱ

↞↠

"You do not walk away when someone is talking to you!"

       Months have passed since the tragic incident, and as hard as it may have been, everyone needed to move on... move forward with their lives. The Princess of Kattegat was lucky to have both Corsliss and Hadley in her life for the past 20 years. Irvin met Isobel at the tender age of 25, a year after his father mysteriously vanished. A few days after his 39th birthday, Irvin painfully stared at his wife's casket which remained buried underneath the castle's crypt. So it was safe to say the younger Sarnorin brother spent almost a decade and a half with the love of his life. For that one painful memory, Eleanora and Irvin had a lifetime of wonderful moments to relive with their loved ones. However, there was one member of the royal family who lost too much too quickly.

"Don't tell me what to do. You're not my mother!"

"I know I'm not, but I'm trying my best to take care of you."

       It wasn't difficult to see how the death of Isobel affected her only son. He was only a boy. Jonathan was deprived of a mother's presence early in life, but Eleanora and Faya always tried their hardest to ensure the young prince always felt a mother's love. But it wasn't the same, not to Johnathan at least.

"My mother is dead."

"Your Highness, Nora was only trying to-"

"She's dead because of you!"

"Johnathan Willams Sarnorin! Enough!"

       It's been like this for months: the constant arguing and bickering between Eleanora and Johnathan whenever they crossed paths with Irvin stomping in to break the two a part. The young woman couldn't blame her cousin for his harsh words because she agreed with him. That didn't mean it hurt any less.

"I wish it was you who died instead!"

       With time, comes growth, and with growth comes understanding as well as a sense of trust between the two; trusting that they hold no more secrets from one another, no more lies, and no more running away. But that's exactly what Eleanora did: she easily left behind Kattegat without even a second glance...

... she left him behind with no goodbye.

       Because in the moment the prince watched the young woman disappear before his eyes, he relived the feeling of his mother's death. He relieved the feeling of being left behind and alone in the world...