Chapter - 3

"I owe you a life so don't worry. I promise I will help you and protect you throughout your stay here." Jack said with a smile.

Ashley was relieved somewhat but with her personality she had a little doubt about Jack's identity but remained quite as she had to rely on him for her mission.

Jack and his pack of wolves who were there for hunting had to stay in that camp for two more days so Ashley was also provided a place to stay with them.

During her stay, she found out werewolves were not as scary as mentioned in the books that she went through and thought Vampires were all living in misunderstanding. Warewolves also lived normal life like those of Vampires.

She was easy to get along with strangers so this character of her made her easier to get along with other wolves who tried to attack her earlier. Every wolves in that valley could transform into human form and she was amazed by all these things.

Though at first, the wolves turned cold to her, later on seeing Jack comfortably talking with her, they slowly started to interact and talk with her.

At night, they all sat around the fire with some of their prey to cook in fire. Same like Ashley, it was also first time for werewolves to meet a Vampire and when they talked they seem really curious about Vampires.

They asked a lot of questions about What kind of lifestyle Vampires live?, Do they really drink human blood as mentioned in books?, Do they run fast like wind? etc. Ashley replied them sincerely and eased their curiosity.

While Ashley talked with other werewolves sitting around the fire, Jack took a several peek at her face which was glowing by the light if fire. The werewolves became good friend with Ashley and even named her Eve.

Even though she was frank she didn't ask any questions about Zune to them as she still wanted to gain trust from the wolves. The wolves only knew that she was a friend who saved Jack's life once and had arrived to visit Jack. However she tried to speak to Jack but he seemed to be busy comanding the wolves during hunt. She just waited for the right time.

The days of their hunting passed and everyone were getting ready to return. She went to Jack and asked " Jack now you have finished your hunt here. Can I ask you something regarding my mission of why I came here?" Ashley seemed serious.

" I'm sorry Evan, I forgot that you had mission and I didn't pay any attention due to my work. You just say what you want to know, I will surely help you." Jack said with concern.

" Do you remember that while I was saving you last time, there was a girl with me who helped to distract other Vampires who were chasing you?" Ashley asked rapidly.

" Yes I do remember but I didn't see her face. You both had hidden your face but fortunately I could take a glance at yours." Jack said smiling.

" Actually, the girl who was with me had fallen from the cliff to this valley due to an accident 5 years ago along with her newly born baby." Ashley's eyes filled with tears.

" Evan?? That was 5 years ago and you are searching now??" Jack said with a doubt.

" Everyone believed that she might have died and had no possibility to live but I denied. No one believed in me. I wanted to come that time but I was held captive at my own house saying that I would get myself in danger if I come here at this valley. Even her husband was in worst state. With one child with him he was also not allowed to search for her."

" These 5 years, we watched one child grow with his mom and twin sister missing but the more heart breaking was when he asked us where his mom was. We all felt guilty that we didn't even look out for the corpse of her body." Ashley burst out in tears and seemed helpless.

Ashley crouched on the ground helding her hair with both of her hands unable to speak while Jack was speechless.

Jack kneeled on the ground and took Ashley's hand. " Evan look at me and stop crying. I think I know the person whom you are searching for."

On hearing this Ashley raised her head with messed up face and hair to look at Jack. She held Jack's hand and said " R..Really?? I-I-Is she alive?? Do you know her?? Where is she??" Ashley asked everything in one breath.

" I will tell you everything but you have to listen to me carefully and stop crying." Jack said calmly.

" Okay, I will listen." Ashley wiped her tears and tried to act normal.

" 5 years ago, while we were on a hunt, we did discover a lady by the bank of river at the end of cliff. She was in really bad state with lots of minor to major injuries and was tightly holding a newly born baby. She didn't look like a Vampire at all and was injured so thinking she would not be a threat we took pity on her and called for our doctor to save her."

Jack continued " After the check up only we knew that she was a human who was turned into a Vampire but her baby was indeed a Vampire. The chances for her and her baby to live was very less but the doctor tried his best. We treated her here in village to avoid threat from others."

" She remained in coma for two months and her baby was under care of some female warewolves. It was first time in history to watch such a scene where Vampire's baby was raised by a female warewolf. When she woke up from coma, she started to act wierdly. She would scream and cry by seeing more than two people around her. Not only that she had lost her memory. She could remember, she had a baby and she was a turned vampire and was harmed by vampire but except that she knew nothing."

" She even held a strong grudge against Vampires due to the mental shock."

Hearing all this Ashley was totally stunned and speechless.

I apologise for my mistakes in grammar and irregular time of update. I will be editing those mistakes after the completion of story so if you have any suggestions or complains regarding this story feel free to comment so that I can bring improvement in my writing.😊