Chapter - 4

Ashley was not the one who would show weakness however after hearing all this she felt her body weak and fell to the ground. She covered her mouth with her hand and started blaming herself. " My fault, Its all my fault. I shouldn't have left her that time, Its all my fault".

Jack knelt on the ground with clueless face. He had no idea how to console her. He called her name softly " Evan, I don't know your whole story but past is pa-"

Before he could finish talking Ashley grabbed his hand and looked into his eyes " Take me to see her. I want to see her and I want to see her baby Please".

Jack wiped away tears from her face gently and said " Evan, you can't act recklessly now. You are a vampire among the pack of wolves. Your friend is no longer the one you knew. She has actually turned into a fierce weapon".

After hearing this Ashley's eyes widened " Weapon?? What weapon?? What are you talking about??"

Jack said in a serious tone " Actually its a long story but in short just remember her name is Raven named after a scavenger bird. Due to some mishappening in the palace 4 years ago where her treatment was going on, she got mysterious energy and might. The werewolf king at that time had hatred towards her staying in palace however after hearing about her, he himself ordered trainers to train her with all kind of weapons and fighting skills."

" With her abnormal ability, she could master anything in short period of time and hence turned out to be most fierce and capable lady. King himself named her Raven and made her top ranked general. She has no memory of her past but to protect her baby, she agreed everything with training processes. The most risk for you in meeting her is that, she wants revenge against Vampire. So, Evan you should have some plan to meet her and help her."

Ashley was quietly listening to everything with lots of questions in her heart and mind. She was already convinced with the words of Jack. She indeed needed to prepare herself to face Zune who doesnt remember anything.

Jack looked worried as Ashley suddenly became calm and quiet. He said in gentle tone " Evan you must have patience."

After hearing this Ashley asked " Can you help me to get inside palace?"

" I know I'm bothering you a lot and asking for so much favor but I have no option here. You are the only hope for me. I will surely repay for whatever you have done for me."

She looked down with dissapointment.

" Don't say this Evan. You are my friend and you also saved my life. I'm happy to help you and you don't need to repay anything."

Jack let out a warm smile and Ashley also let out a deep breath. They both stood up and walked towards the place where all were gathered to return back.

Jack took out a small bottle from his bag and handed it to Ashley. " Evan take this."

Ashley looked carefully and saw some pills inside the bottle. She showed it to Jack and asked " What is this and Why you suddenly gave this to me??"

Jack said in a relaxed voice " Don't worry its not poison."

" Done with your joke?" Ashley said in a serious tone.

" I was trying to make you smile. You look ugly while crying or being sad." Jack said in a playful voice.

"...." Ashley didn't say anything and waited for his answer.

" Okay I will say. This is smell deceiving pill. Taking one per day will help you to hide your identity as Vampire. Werewolf can sense Vampire with smell so its useful for you."

Ashley turned to him and asked in a doubt " Where did you get this? I don't think you need this anywhere."

" I-...I got it from a sage randomly. It was of no use to me so I just kept it in my bag. Nothing special." He said scratcing his hair.

Ashley looked at him and then at the bottle. Without another thought she took out a pill and swallowed it. As soon as she swallowed it, she felt its reaction immediately.

" Why do I feel strange?" Ashley asked in a low voice.

" Actually there's a side effect of this pill." Jack said in hesitation.

" What side effect?" Ashley was about to get panick.

" Nothing much. Its just that um.. you..you can use your Vampire ability only once a day." Jack said with difficulty.

" You should have told me before. If I didn't ask, you had no idea of saying this right?" Ashley punched him on his arm with little force while Jack tried to dodge.

" Anyways you ate this pill. Its not like that you would not have this pill after knowing side effect."

" If I don't know its side effect and tried to use my ability in difficult times, what might happen?? I don't want to die here." Ashley crossed her arms.

" With me here, no one can harm you. Now that you know, you will not be in danger anyways." Jack said with a wink.

" You can speak trash at any time, don't you??"

Both of them with other pack went towards city.

Their journey was quiet and easy. Ashley enjoyed the views of forest on the way. It was her first time travelling on her own without any guards around her and she felt quiet free.

Jack had made all of his fellows clear that they shouldn't reveal anything about Evan. They all were fond of Ashley in short period of time, ofcourse they agreed to hide her secret and protect her.

After everyone went to their home, Ashley was left with Jack.

" Evan, I have asked one of my fellow to arrange a good accomodation for you in city. Hope you feel good." Jack said looking onto his phone.

" Oh okay. Thank you so much for the help." Ashley said with a smile.

" You finally smiled." Jack let out a long breath.

" Yes. I feel a little refreshed after the whole journey and also I have hope to see my friend."

After the short conversation, they exchanged their numbers. Ashley was guided towards the place for her stay by Jack's friend while Jack went towards palace with a smile on his face.

This chapter is quite boring because of back story and explanations but don't worry, upcoming chapters will surely cover for this boredom..😉