Chapter 4 behind the mask

Sarah stared out the window of the base. She was torn on what to do next. Loki had escaped, killed Phil, Threw Thor out the base, got Bruce to go crazy on everyone, and almost destroyed the whole facility. Not to mention the constant Flirting from Tony, shyness from Steve, and over achieving Thor. Clint and Natasha seem so preoccupied that she doesn't even see them, and Bruce...poor Bruce still feels bad about almost killing Natasha. To top it all off Sarah hasn't been feeling to hot lately. That's all she needs is to be getting sick. Sarah sighed and walked down the long narrow hall to her room. Maybe some sleep would help. As soon as Sarah closed the door behind her and was about to pour herself a glass of Vodka, the intercom came on. "Mrs. Sweet, your needed in the conference room." Sarah's head flew back as she gave an aggravated moan. She looked down at the bottle in her hand. Fuck it. She brought the bottle to her lips and began to chug.

Once in the room she found everyone else there as well. "Alright whats going on?" Sarah asked out loud. Everyone turned to her. Fury walked over calmly. " We cant afford to wait any longer, we need to find Loki, Mr. Stark has an idea where he might be." Sarah nodded. "OK, lets hear it." She turned her head to Tony as did everyone else. For some reason Sarah had a hard time concentrating as Tony spoke. She watched him as if he had her undivided attention, but her mind was else where. It didn't take long for her to see Steve and Tony start arguing, only to make it contagious, as everyone else began to as well. It was inaudible for her. She just stared at them as they all barked at each other like dogs. It was funny. So she laughed, out loud. As Sarah cracked up everyone stopped arguing and looked at her confused. She waved her hand up dismissively. "I'm- ha ha- sorry..Its just..I.." Sarah toke a moment to catch her breath. "I keep thinking that if we could just make the right choice everything will go back to normal. That all the aliens, world domination, and bickering will just stop, but it isn't is it? This is never going to end or go away." Fury frowned at Sarah, not in anger but in worry. Sarah was never one to be to overcome by her emotions, nor was she one to have any type of outbreak. What was going on with her? Sarah stood up and took a deep breath. "OK, lets do it, Tony where did you say he might be? Your rarely wrong so lets go, come on! On ward into the jaws of death! Or whatever." They all looked at her as though she had lost her mind. She turned around to look and see if they were following her. Nope. "Steve...I'm OK, I get that you like me but stop being such a worry bug." Everyone looked at Steve trying to understand. "Sarah, I didn't say anything." Steve's voice was full of worry and confusion. Sarah stared at them blankly. "Oh." Fury grabbed the attention of everyone. "Lets just do this people."

It turned out the place Tony had suggested Loki would be was his building. Who would have guessed, he was right. That wasn't the only thing that was happening. Loki was releasing tons of Aliens into the world. Fun. Steve looked at Bruce. "Now would be a good time for you to get angry!" Bruce smirked at him. "That's my secret..I'm always angry." With that he turned into the Hulk.

Everyone was doing there best to fight off the creatures but without a plan it wasn't looking good. Tony looked at Steve and nodded at him. "Call it, Captain." Tony said. "All right, listen up! Until we can close that portal up there, what we need is containment. Barton: I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark: you've got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash. Thor: you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal, slow them down. You've got the lightning - light the bastards up!"Steve then turns to Natasha."You and me: we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here." Steve gave a serious look as he turned to Bruce. "And Hulk: smash!" Bruce smirked and jumped away. Sarah looked at Steve. "What about me?" Steve looked at her. "What can you do? You have yet to show any of us your abilities." Sarah turned to see some of the Aliens coming a them. Her pupils dilated and with a swift movement it seemed as though her body formed a large force field that pushed the aliens, cars, and street in different directions. Steve and Natasha's eyes widened. Sarah wouldn't say but it was exhausting for her to do that. She smiled slightly. "That's why Iv been with S.H.I.E.L.E.D. Its just better if I'm not near people." Steve shook his head. "Oh..well..um I guess help us down here." Sarah nodded.